The Reformation Study Bible: English…

The Reformation Study Bible: English Standard Version (ESV)

by R. C. Sproul

It's good but not great. ( )
  PBugriyev | Dec 24, 2016 |
I have put this verson to a hebrew and greek word study and found no faults from my understanding ( )
  dwct | Feb 3, 2015 |
The Bible is simply the GREATEST book ever written. I have several translation the Reformation Study Bible being the one I am currently using in my daily sanctification.
1 vote ScottKalas | Jun 10, 2013 |
This is the Bible I use when I am preaching. It is a great translation, and its study features spell out many difficult aspects of interpretation. It always makes me want to find out more. An excellent place to begin any Bible study session for the Reformed minded. ( )
1 vote micgood | Oct 20, 2011 |
Excellent study Bible. The Bible text and notes are in double column format. The Bible text is in paragraph format. The words spoken by Jesus are in black (which is how it should be). The paper is fairly thick so there is little ghosting. The font is large enough for easy reading especially concerning the darkness of the type. The leather cover, while not the thickest and softest, is plenty flexible. This smyth sewn Bible lays completely flat front to back. It has an adequate concordance. There are two ribbons of sufficient length.

The cross-references are in the middle column and are plentiful. The notes and articles are generally helpful. As this is a Study Bible one should not expect extraordinarily deep notes as that is not the intended purpose of a Study Bible.

Again, the text is very readable. I have looked at several dozen Bibles over the past few months and this one has one of the most readable texts of any I have seen. ( )
1 vote prozacstan | Feb 19, 2009 |

During the Reformation, a renewed interest in Scripture brought great light to the church and the world. In The Reformation Study Bible, general editor R. C. Sproul aims to present the light of the Reformation anew by combining an accessible translation with study notes that stand firmly in the theological tradition of the Reformation.

No other study Bible gives the reader more assistance in understanding the great doctrines and themes of the Christian faith as found in the Scriptures. Extensive notes have been researched and written by a team of more than fifty scholars, including J. I. Packer, James Boice, and Wayne Grudem.

All Christians that want to dig deeper in their study of Scripture will appreciate the bible’s many features, including section introductions, book introductions and outlines, comments on the biblical text, theological notes, charts, in-text maps, and cross-references.

The first study bible based on the English Standard Version, The Reformation Study Bible is the perfect choice for men and women that want to study God’s word in a language they can understand.

Features

- Thousands of study notes crucial to an in-depth study of biblical passages, verses, and words
- 96 notes on central doctrinal teachings of Scripture
- Introductions to the seven groups of biblical books, an introduction to the intertestamental period, and book introductions and outlines that detail the background, structure, and meaning of the biblical text
- Written by 48 scholars, including Sinclair Ferguson, Dennis Johnson, Simon Kistemaker, Willem VanGemeren, and Gordon Wenham.
- Edited by R. C. Sproul, assisted by Bruce Waltke (OT editor), Moises Silva (NT editor), James Boice, Edmund Clowney, and others.
- 19 in-text maps help readers follow Bible geography
- 12 charts aid visually oriented readers
- Center-column cross-references
- Concordance to the ESV

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:10 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,950,556 books! | Top bar: Always visible