Holy Bible (NIV) by Zondervan

Holy Bible (NIV) (edition 1978)

by Zondervan

Member:jotoyo
Title:Holy Bible (NIV)
Authors:Zondervan
Info:Zondervan (2011), Kindle Edition, 1140 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Religion, e-book, VR

NIV Holy Bible by Zondervan

So inspirational!!! My favorite book!! ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |
Inspirational and moving. Enough said. ( )
  hobbitprincess | Jan 1, 2016 |
bestest book
  reneputt | Apr 28, 2015 |
It was a long read but so much awesome stories that you don't hear. ( )
1 vote jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
I started reading the Bible when I was 5 years old - random readings. I was a 'born again' Christian by the age of 15 years old. Then as a young adult, I started studying the Bible via church leaders and scholars. I participated fully in church and church related activities. Took many courses from seminaries and bible schools. Then in my thirties, I found the need to read the Bible without outside influence. So, I read it cover to cover -- Gen. 1:1 to Rev. 22:21 -- six times from 1980 to 1986. I filled dozens of spiral notebooks with my findings, feelings and thoughts. About half-way through my 7th reading I discovered I had become an atheist -- a lack of belief in god(s). The Bible and all religious tomes (I have read the major ones) have stories, proverbs and parables that can offer insight into the kinder, gentler side of humanity. They also show us how fear, power and prejudice can cause people to assign responsibility for these 'failings' to a god or gods. So yes, I think the Bible is worth reading but not just the 'feel good' parts -- read all of it if you are going to read it.
  Meandu91 | Apr 4, 2013 |
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Various printings and bindings of the 'original' NIV have been combined here. Please continue to combine any printing with the Old and New Testament texts only here. Please do not combine NIV editions that contain the Apocrypha with this work. Various "study editions" with extensive notes and aids should not be combined here. Please separate any that are here, and combine such editions as separate works. Note that this is not the same translation as the TNIV, sometimes confusingly called "Today's NIV". Likewise the new 2011 NIV translation should not be combined here, as it is significantly different from the original edition.

New, Thin-line leather bound NIV Bible

The bestselling Bible eBook, newly designed for an exceptional reading experience.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,723,294 books! | Top bar: Always visible