Flight Explorer, Volume 1 by Kazu Kibuishi

Flight Explorer, Volume 1

by Kazu Kibuishi (Editor)

Other authors: Matthew Armstrong (Contributor), Bannister (Contributor), Phil Craven (Contributor), Steve Hamaker (Contributor), Ben Hatke (Contributor)5 more, Kazu Kibuishi (Contributor), Johane Matte (Contributor), Jake Parker (Contributor), Rad Sechrist (Contributor), Kean Soo (Contributor)

Series: Flight Explorer (1)

I liked some of the stories in this anthology better than others. Some were just too short to have much plot. I liked: "Copper: Mushroom Crossing", "Egyptian Cat: Perfect Cat", Missile Mouse: The Guardian Prophecy", and "Fish N Chips: All in a Day's Work. It was fun to see so many different graphic novelists - some of whom have now published complete books of their own. I think we have a full book of "Jellaby" & of "Zita the Spacegirl" in our library. This would be a good book for the Graphic Novel enrichment class to experience many different styles in one volume.
  TeachrBkMom | Jul 15, 2015 |
A collection of comics showcasing Kibuishi and other friends' artwork. Aimed at younger readers, I really enjoyed this because the tales were all so original and fun. Great for 7-12 year olds especially. ( )
  KiwiNyx | Jun 27, 2011 |
A lighter version of the Flight series, this book is a series of comics that deal with various situations, some humorous, some serious. There were great graphics and lots of interesting plot lines. ( )
  knielsen83 | Mar 5, 2009 |
I'm still trying to decide if I like graphic novels. The stories were short, easy to understand, and did not contain any objectionable material. I guess I can see why many reluctant readers are drawn to these. ( )
  asomers | Sep 11, 2008 |
An excellent collection of short stories by a truly talented group of people. Unlike its parent title 'flight,' 'Flight Explorer' is truly 'all ages.'
ALL AGES ( )

Matte, JohaneContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JakeContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sechrist, RadContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Soo, KeanContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hey look, Fred - a shortcut.

An anthology of short stories, by a variety of the international artists. Includes the full-color work of top animators for video games, DreamWorks, emerging Web cartoonists, and established comic book and graphic novel creators.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,700,285 books! | Top bar: Always visible