New American Standard Bible by The Lockman…

New American Standard Bible (1971)

by The Lockman Foundation

Daily reading the books of the bible throughout my years. Basic resource for living the good life well and responsibly, as well as for better understanding of so much literature throughout the ages. My favorites books include: Psalms, Proverbs, and most of the New Testament.. ( )
  GaryWestlund | Dec 8, 2013 |
I started reading the Bible when I was 5 years old - random readings. I was a 'born again' Christian by the age of 15 years old. Then as a young adult, I started studying the Bible via church leaders and scholars. I participated fully in church and church related activities. Took many courses from seminaries and bible schools. Then in my thirties, I found the need to read the Bible without outside influence. So, I read it cover to cover -- Gen. 1:1 to Rev. 22:21 -- six times from 1980 to 1986. I filled dozens of spiral notebooks with my findings, feelings and thoughts. About half-way through my 7th reading I discovered I had become an atheist -- a lack of belief in god(s). The Bible and all religious tomes (I have read the major ones) have stories, proverbs and parables that can offer insight into the kinder, gentler side of humanity. They also show us how fear, power and prejudice can cause people to assign responsibility for these 'failings' to a god or gods. So yes, I think the Bible is worth reading but not just the 'feel good' parts -- read all of it if you are going to read it.
  Meandu91 | Apr 4, 2013 |
NASB Side-Column Reference Wide Margin (Black genuine leather)

Features: Concordance, Maps, Full Column Cross References, Wide Margin, Verse Format, Black Letter, Single Column Text, over 95,000 cross-reference, one ribbon marker.

Font Point Size: 11

Trim Size: 6 x 9 x 1 3/4

SoliDeoGloria | Mar 31, 2013 |
NASB Large Print Ultrathin Reference Bible
Black, Genuine Leather

Font Point Size: 10
Trim Size: 6 1/2 x 9 1/4 x 1 1/4

Features: Concordance, Maps, Full Column Cross References, Verse Format, Black Letter, Two Column Text.

Description: Contains over 95,000 center-column cross-references. Smyth sewn binding.
  SoliDeoGloria | Mar 31, 2013 |
Lost half a star due to very poor binding which was in a very poor condition after just a few months, it cost more to have rebound than a new one would have cost! It is a strange loose leaf version, not using a ring binder arrangement but a couple of screws. This means I can take it along to church and the pages are clamped, minimising the possibility of any damage, it does have the disadventage that it is rather laboriours to add pages especially if you want to add to the end of Revelation!
Every single page is now highlited and the rather narrow wide margins have copious notes. It is my main study Bible despite me being a KJV man all through Bible school and missionary training. I prefer the NASB over the KJV due to its easy reading clear translation.
eg.
Isa 3:22 The changeable suits of apparel, and the mantles, and the wimples, and the crisping pins, - KJV
Isa 3:22 festal robes, outer tunics, cloaks, money purses, - NASB
Proves my point!
Without going to a Bible dictionary or Young's / Strong's concordance I would never know what a wimple or crisping pin was.
If I don't understand what I am reading then why read it? ( )
  Carl_Jones | Jun 24, 2010 |
Various printings and bindings of the NAS have been combined here. Please continue to combine any printing with the Old and New Testament texts only here. Please do not combine NAS editions that contain the Apocrypha with this work. Various "study editions" with extensive notes and aids should not be combined here. Please separate any that are here, and combine such editions as separate works.
This work is for complete NASB editions containing the complete Old and New Testaments. "Updated" 1995 edition may be included here as it is merely a new edition of the NASB, not a separate Bible version. Do not combine "study" editions here.

This edition has been prpoduced with the conviction that the words of Scripture as originally penned in the Hebrew and Greek were inspired by God Being the eternal Word of God, the Holy Scriptures speak with fresh power to each generation, to give us wisdom that leads to salvation, that we may serve to the glory of Christ.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,989,604 books! | Top bar: Always visible