Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

The Holy Bible: New American Standard Bible (NASB) (1971)

by The Lockman Foundation

Let the Word of God be your constant companion You want a conveniently sized Bible, but you also want to read the print comfortably. This edition gives you both--and extra features. Slip this handy Bible into your purse or pocket for boosts of inspiration and strength throughout the day! The NASB Thinline Bible is sized just right for your briefcase, purse, or coat pocket, yet this large print edition reads as easily as bigger, heavier, stay-at-home Bibles. The sleek styling and affordability of this Bible make it a perfect traveling companion. The complete text of the New American Standard Bible (NASB) offers the most literal, word-for-word translation available today. Additional features include a double-column format, a concordance, and helpful articles on the ministry and miracles of Jesus, perspectives from the Bible, and a list of promises for various life situations, including loneliness, anxiety, peace, love, guidance, and more. Features: Complete text of the 1995 New American Standard Bible (NASB), the most literal, word-for-word translation available today Measures less than 1" thick Concordance helps you locate important verses quickly "Perspectives from the Bible" help you gain a clear overview "Ministry, Teachings, Miracles, and Parables of Jesus" offer insight on the ministry of Christ "Promises from the Bible" help you apply the Word to your life Double-column format Words of Christ in red 10.1-point type size… (more)
    Holy Bible - Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV) by Wartburg Project (lhungsbe)
    lhungsbe: My go-to version of the Bible. No additions or deletions. Easy to read.

very readable text in current vernacular ( )
  k_goetz | May 2, 2020 |
Incorporates minor revisions and refinements. Pocket edition with tiny print, India paper, and snap-fastened cover. ( )
  ME_Dictionary | Mar 20, 2020 |
Logos Library
  birdsnare | May 16, 2019 |
Daily reading the books of the bible throughout my years. Basic resource for living the good life well and responsibly, as well as for better understanding of so much literature throughout the ages. My favorites books include: Psalms, Proverbs, and most of the New Testament.. ( )
  GaryWestlund | Dec 8, 2013 |
I started reading the Bible when I was 5 years old - random readings. I was a 'born again' Christian by the age of 15 years old. Then as a young adult, I started studying the Bible via church leaders and scholars. I participated fully in church and church related activities. Took many courses from seminaries and bible schools. Then in my thirties, I found the need to read the Bible without outside influence. So, I read it cover to cover -- Gen. 1:1 to Rev. 22:21 -- six times from 1980 to 1986. I filled dozens of spiral notebooks with my findings, feelings and thoughts. About half-way through my 7th reading I discovered I had become an atheist -- a lack of belief in god(s). The Bible and all religious tomes (I have read the major ones) have stories, proverbs and parables that can offer insight into the kinder, gentler side of humanity. They also show us how fear, power and prejudice can cause people to assign responsibility for these 'failings' to a god or gods. So yes, I think the Bible is worth reading but not just the 'feel good' parts -- read all of it if you are going to read it.
  Meandu91 | Apr 4, 2013 |
Various printings and bindings of the NAS have been combined here. Please continue to combine any printing with the Old and New Testament texts only here. Please do not combine NAS editions that contain the Apocrypha with this work. Various "study editions" with extensive notes and aids should not be combined here. Please separate any that are here, and combine such editions as separate works.
This work is for complete NASB editions containing the complete Old and New Testaments. "Updated" 1995 edition may be included here as it is merely a new edition of the NASB, not a separate Bible version. Do not combine "study" editions here.

This edition has been prpoduced with the conviction that the words of Scripture as originally penned in the Hebrew and Greek were inspired by God Being the eternal Word of God, the Holy Scriptures speak with fresh power to each generation, to give us wisdom that leads to salvation, that we may serve to the glory of Christ.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,515,692 books! | Top bar: Always visible