Men's adventure magazines in postwar America…

Men's adventure magazines in postwar America (2008)

by Rich Oberg, Max Allan Collins, George Hagenauer

In Process

From a quick review, some of the text appears to be in French and some in German?
  TChesney | Apr 18, 2010 |
I just can't get enough of books about cheesy pulp fiction cover illustrators. I should have thought it's enough to own the very similar IT'S A MAN'S WORLD, but when I found a copy of MEN'S ADVENTURE MAGAZINES for less than a tenner I just had to have it.

Best tenner I ever spent in a long time: For the money I got more than 500 pages of richly illustrated cover reproductions of sweaty men and busty babes in various degrees of peril, bondage or torture by Nazis, Commies, Bikers or, errr, flying squirrels plus the occasional article to convince myself that I am actually "reading" a book.

The first time round you're bound to just wanna go through the book cover by cover and see it.... and will invariably miss quite a lot. Next time open the pages randomly and really look at the illustrations in depth and marvel at the wealth of detail in those realistic works of pop art.

As the saying goes: They just don't make them like they used to. ( )
4 vote IrishHolger | Nov 15, 2007 |

Rich Obergprimary authorall editionscalculated
Collins, Max Allanmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Hagenauer, Georgemain authorall editionsconfirmed
This book is respectfully dedicated to the many artists, known and unknown, whose graces its pages.

"The history of men's adventure magazines in postwar America"--Cover.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,318,016 books! | Top bar: Always visible