Nemi, Volume 1 by Lise Myhre

Nemi, Volume 1 (2003)

by Lise Myhre

Series: Nemi (1)

English (5)  Finnish (1)  All (6)
Nemi is a collection of daily newspaper strips. I love the artwork and I really like Nemi, although sometimes I wish she was just a little bit less harsh to other people. I also kind of wish there was more of a long term story line, but only because I think it would be interesting; the short daily strips are pretty funny. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
The is a combined rating for all three collections so far published in the UK. LIse the creator of Nemi is Norwegian and her comics are in various newspapers and magazines in Norway, Sweden, the UK etc. Nemi is the little goth girl in all of us. She loves choclate above all things and Tori Amos and alcohol. She spends her days pondering the endless questions of the universe (she is mostly unemployed apart from some baby sittings jobs) and hanging out with her friend Cyan. The best way to get a feel for Nemi is to read her.

She is published in The Metro which is one of the free London papers you see people reading on the tube all the time. My husband is a sweetheart and often brings home ones he has torn out which particuarly remind him of me (like Nemi looking at cars and falling in love with the purple one or having a happiness overdose eating chocoalte and listening to the new Tori Amos album). Metro keep a copy of Nemi in their online archive so if you enjoyed the strips above go here for lots more.

Tori Amos has written the forward to the second collection and I think it's true that a little Nemi lives in all of us. Anyone who doesn't see a part of themselves in her is not someone I want to know! ( )
  Rhinoa | Oct 2, 2009 |
Charlie Christensenin ja Lise Myhren pitkät esipuheet.
Tämä kirja on omistettu osittain kaikille, mutta kokonaisuutena sinulle.
sosiaalinen itsemurha goottien kesken: -... Oletko tullut ajatelleeksi onnellisuuspillereitä?

Sylvia, the fourth princess of Lautremont. has grown up feeling overshadowed by her eldest sisters accomplishements, while Veronica, a battle hardened war hero is ruthless in demanding that her younger sister live up to her expectations. When the infamous terrorist known as Avdocha comes to Lautremont, wanting nothing less than to take Veronica's head, the younger Sylvia becomes her bait that will lure Veronica into a trap. Ash Blake must use his ability to command any dragon at will in order to rescue Sylvia. But can his heroics help Sylvia to hold her head high and fight back as a proud princess of Lautremont?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,702,227 books! | Top bar: Always visible