A New Dawn: Your Favorite Authors on…

A New Dawn: Your Favorite Authors on Stephenie Meyer's Twilight… (2008)

by Ellen Hopkins (Editor), Leah Wilson (Editor)

Other authors: Robin Brande (Contributor), Rachel Caine (Contributor), Cassandra Clare (Contributor), Rosemary Clement-Moore (Contributor), Linda C. Gerber (Contributor)8 more, Cara Lockwood (Contributor), Megan McCafferty (Contributor), KA Nuzum (Contributor), James A. Owen (Contributor), Janette Rallison (Contributor), Ellen Steiber (Contributor), Anne Ursu (Contributor), Susan Vaught (Contributor)

Series: Smart Pop

Edit: OMG OMG this is on NetGalley. Should I do it? Would it be detrimental to my well-being (psychological and physical)?

Gah, I really want to read it, but for all the wrong reasons.
  PrettyDeadlyReviews | Nov 27, 2012 |
This book goes over how Edward Cullen isn't all that sane. It also goes over the famous question that I personaly during the Twilight maia asked myself who would i date a guy who wants to drink my blood or drink out of the toilet. I enjoyed the authors humor and recommand it to anyone who is anti twilight or just wants to see Twilight and Edward Cullen from a different point of veiw. This book changed my thoughts on Twilight.
  Ashliecaster | Oct 25, 2010 |
This is a mixed bag of essays about Stephanie Meyer's Twilight Saga. Some of the essays (A Very Dangerous Boy by Susan Vaught for example) are interesting to read. Others, not so much. The final essay, The Great Debate by Rachel Caine was amusing. Overall, though, I'd say this is a take-it-or-leave-it kind of book. ( )
  seldombites | Feb 23, 2010 |
Reviewed by Lauren - The Class for TeensReadToo.com

Look out TWILIGHT fans, there's something new to sink your teeth into.

A NEW DAWN is a book full of many authors' essays, all about the TWILIGHT saga. You may think, wow, a book of reviews and essays, that sounds boring. It actually has some great analyses from some great authors. This book talks about many different topics you might or might not have even thought of while reading the series.

One interesting topic is how different the thought of vampires has changed over the years. Our society used to think of vampires as horrible creatures; now they are thought of as normal citizens in our day-to-day life. That is just one subject out of many that is brought up.

Personally, I loved this book. I absolutely adored the TWILIGHT saga, so reading A NEW DAWN was very interesting. I got a great viewpoint from many perspectives and that was the best part. I highly recommend reading it if you want to get a little deeper view on TWILIGHT, NEW MOON, ECLIPSE, and BREAKING DAWN. ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 12, 2009 |
We took our first break from shopping shortly after lunch and we all sat down in those comfy chairs they have by the department stores to talk and read-- mostly read, of course. By the time we left the mall at 6:30, I had already finished the whole book, 174 pages of perfection!

It's a Border's exclusive, so you can't get it from B&N or Amazon, but if you are a Twilight fan, it is worth going to Borders for! The book contains over 10 award winning and amazing authors *Most of whom write teenage fiction novels* and their views, thoughts, stories, and, yes, even some 'humor' *not humor as in making fun of Twilight!* about Twilight, what makes it so popular, what makes it so well written, and, possibly two of the most important questions Twilight fans wonder: "WHY do we love Edward so much? And who would make a better boyfriend: Jacob or Edward?"

I laughed a lot during the book, because the authors had such a way with words-- and in a good way. But I also found myself digging even deeper into the three books that I love, asking myself more questions, seeking answers and comprehension that I had never really thought of before. 5 stars! ( )
  The_Book_Queen | Jul 19, 2008 |

Rallison, JanetteContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Steiber, EllenContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ursu, AnneContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Vaught, SusanContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Tread carefully, dear readers.
But what makes Edward so damn addictive is not his undeadness. It's his abiding humanity.
Edward brings new meaning and intensity to the word remorse.
Despite Edward's worries, Bella never has a doubt that she loves him, and wants to be with him, even though predator versus prey trumps Montague versus Capulet by anyone's measure.
"A pair of star-cross'd lovers" (Romeo and Juliet Prologue), Edward and Bella were fated to fall in love.
At the end of New Moon, we wonder: Will they be permanently united in living death, as Bella plans? Or is their fate to love and lose each other, which would be, as Bella has already experienced, another kind of living death?

Presents a reference guide to the characters, plot, and major themes of the author's four novels.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,922,980 books! | Top bar: Always visible