Princess in Pink

by Meg Cabot

In a series of humorous diary entries, high school freshman (and Genovian Princess) Mia tries to get her reluctant boyfriend to take her to the prom.

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Read in High School
Age 13 (2006) – Age 22 (2015) ( )
  KiTiraShorter | Mar 5, 2018 |
I really enjoyed "The Princess Diaries, Princess in Pink" by Meg Cabot. This series is just so darn cute and fun to read. As a child of the 80's and a huge fan of Pretty in Pink and the prom... this book was right up my alley. Keep up the great work on this series. Can't wait to see what comes next for our favorite Princess and her friends and family.
Happy Reading...enjoy! ( )
  AmyJ71 | Jun 20, 2017 |
I feel like all of the reviews for these books are starting to sound the same but again I really enjoyed this one. I still love that these are in the diary format, they are so easy to read and I love hearing the inner turmoil of Mia's thought process.

Mia is still her sarcastic, panic-ridden self and this time it is about the prom. Michael hasn't asked her yet and it is coming up very soon. To make matters worse, her grandmother continues to 'ruin' her life but being a very entitled woman and not understanding how a teenager's life works.

The messes that Mia's grandmother makes are hilarious and so over the top I love them. I think that the movie did us a great displeasure by making the grandmother likable. Had they kept to the books, I think it would have been far more funny to witness Mia get so flustered about her as she learns to be a princess.

These books fall one after the other and pick up where the last one ended so they are really just a continuation of Mia's diaries and so you don't miss a minute of her new life as both a teen and a princess with duties. I hope to grab the next one soon. ( )
  sszkutak | Sep 28, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this tale of Princess Mia's further adventures. From Prom woes, to nasty best friends, to escapist dogs and striking bus boys, Mia's life is never dull. I do wish I could like Lilly's character more. I keep thinking I will probably like her better in the next book, but this book really made me upset with her again. She does not seem like a nice person and I think that Mia (and others) deserve better than the way she treats people. Perhaps LILLY needs some self-actualization! All in all though, it was a funny heart-warming tale and I'm enjoying the opportunity to pass these books along to my daughter when I've finished reading them. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Princess in Pink aka Give Me Five and Prom Princess

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,722,237 books! | Top bar: Always visible