One Boy by Laura Vaccaro Seeger

So simple in word and image, but still delightful! A great way to introduce transitions to young children, as well. ( )
  JoanAxthelm | Aug 4, 2017 |
As I began reading it become immediately apparent to me that this book was for very young children. Though it was quite simple, I did enjoy the use of words within words. The author exhibited impressive creativity by using the cut out in the center of the book to create a different word on the next page. The illustrations are clear and brightly colored. There is contrast, two dimensional shapes, strong lines, and a clear pattern throughout the book. I would recommend reading this to preschool or kindergarden aged children. ( )
  AubrieSmith | Feb 8, 2017 |
a fun cut out book that discusses counting and fun objects that are being counted.
1 book
  TUCC | Nov 4, 2016 |
This book is good to read to young kids to teach them how to count. Every other page counts higher with a different scenario. I like how Laura Seeger uses cut outs in her illustrations to emphasize words and cover up letters to turn the words into different words. ( )
  knbenson6584 | Oct 24, 2016 |
Review: This book is a nice short counting book that shows the concept of counting with added elements. It also is extremely interactive with cut outs in each page. The best part of this book is that the cut outs in each page create more words, using words from a previous page.
Genre: Counting
Uses: I would defiantly use this book as a counting practice book as well as practice for any early reader. I also would use this book to help students understand words, within words and how that can help them with their reading for meaning, pronunciation etc.
  swallace14 | Oct 17, 2016 |

A boy creates ten paintings in this counting book that also explores the relationship of words within words.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,935,704 books! | Top bar: Always visible