Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark…

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (edition 2010)

by Beth Fantaskey

Member:Annesanse
Title:Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side
Authors:Beth Fantaskey
Info:Graphia (2010), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Your library, Ebook, Owned, Finished

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine (Joles)
    Sucks to Be Me by Kimberly Pauley (foggidawn)
    Nightshade by Andrea Cremer (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: has the same teen paranormal thing going on with the arranged marriage
    The Awakening / The Struggle by L. J. Smith (Joles)
    Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (Cats57)
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (Joles)

English (105)  Italian (4)  All languages (109)
After a fresh and interesting beginning, this story fell flat toward the end. ( )
  Gingermama | Jan 24, 2016 |
This is actually even better than the Twilight books. I hope there will be a sequel! ( )
  cygnet81 | Jan 17, 2016 |
Carino, anche se un pò noioso.
Mi sono piaciute le lettere di Lucius allo zio.
La fine, però, credo abbia leggermente perso...calando un pò troppo nello scontato. ( )
  AzureStrawberry | Jan 12, 2016 |
I am still unsure what I feel about this book. There are parts where I was completely enthralled and couldn't put it down, and others where I wanted to roll my eyes and walk away for a bit. Both Jessica and Lucius take on Bella and Edwards most uncharitable personality characteristics; Lucius is dark, moody, and whiny through most of the book and Jessica is so bone headed she can't see a vampire when he is standing in front of her. The plot was strong, but felt a bit anti-climactic and rushed at the end, but overall not to bad. I also believe if you are sacraficing yourself up like a ham, there should be a bit more drama, but there wasn't. Even with all the negative in this review, the tension between the two main characters is palpable, in both sexual and psychological. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |
"Jessica evolves nicely with each new shocking revelation, becoming, over the course of the novel, intriguing and strong protagonist...romance buffs will find the ultimate pairing of Lucius and Jessica absolutely irresistible, and it's downright swoonworthy once their elaborate courting ritual begins in earnest."
added by Awesomeness1 | editThe Bulletin

"This first novel quickly bursts ahead of the pack of Twilight wannabes...The romance sizzles, the plot develops ingeniously and suspensefully, and the satire stings."
added by Awesomeness1 | editPublisher's Weekly, starred review

Beth Fantaskeyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fantaskey, Bethmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Fantaskey, Bethmain authorall editionsconfirmed
For my parents, Donald and Marjorie Fantaskey
The first time I saw him, a heavy, gray fog clung to the cornfields, tails of mist slithering between the dying stalks.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152063846, Hardcover)

The undead can really screw up your senior year . . .

Marrying a vampire definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica Packwood’s senior year “get-a-life” plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth—and he’s her long-lost fiancé. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war—and save Lucius’s soul from eternal destruction

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:54 -0400)

Seventeen-year-old Jessica, adopted and raised in Pennsylvania, learns that she is descended from a royal line of Romanian vampires and that she is betrothed to a vampire prince, who poses as a foreign exchange student while courting her.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,193,854 books! | Top bar: Always visible