Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark…

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (edition 2010)

by Beth Fantaskey

Member:Annesanse
Title:Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side
Authors:Beth Fantaskey
Info:Graphia (2010), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Your library, Ebook, Owned, Finished

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine (Joles)
    Sucks to Be Me by Kimberly Pauley (foggidawn)
    Nightshade by Andrea Cremer (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: has the same teen paranormal thing going on with the arranged marriage
    The Awakening / The Struggle by L. J. Smith (Joles)
    Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (Cats57)
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (Joles)

English (137)  Italian (4)  All languages (141)
3.5 stars. My feelings are torn on this. I didn't find any of the characters particularly likable. Lucius has his moments. I especially liked his letters to his uncle. I enjoyed the story, but since the characters were rather "meh", it was far less enjoyable. ( )
  LenaR0307 | Sep 3, 2016 |
I liked the break from the gender norms throughout, and the plot was interesting, but the ending left a weird taste in my mouth. ( )
  LaPhenix | Jul 22, 2016 |
This book drew me in. I loved that contrary to most Vampire romances, the girl isn't immediately drawn to the vampire. I loved the struggle with what Lucius knew was right and what he'd been raised and trained to do. I also really loved the ending and how Jessica showed she was braver than anyone had given her credit for. I really like a strong female role. I'm excited to continue with the novella and the 2nd book. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
I have had this sitting on my TBR pile for about 3 years now; always looking at it but never quite sure whether I really wanted to read it or not.

The title made it sound like a bit of a teenage fluffy duffy vampire romance novel. However I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't like that at all. Sure there is still romancing between of the main character, but there is also much more.

Just when things are starting to look like everything is heading for the sweet romance between a vampire and high school girl, oh look out the plot thickens. New characters come into play and so everybody is in for themselves.

Ending up really liking Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark side despite my initial reservations. Will be reading the next book in the series for sure. ( )
  purpleprincess1311 | Mar 9, 2016 |

purpleprincess1311 | Mar 9, 2016 |
"Jessica evolves nicely with each new shocking revelation, becoming, over the course of the novel, intriguing and strong protagonist...romance buffs will find the ultimate pairing of Lucius and Jessica absolutely irresistible, and it's downright swoonworthy once their elaborate courting ritual begins in earnest."
added by Awesomeness1 | editThe Bulletin

"This first novel quickly bursts ahead of the pack of Twilight wannabes...The romance sizzles, the plot develops ingeniously and suspensefully, and the satire stings."
added by Awesomeness1 | editPublisher's Weekly, starred review

Beth Fantaskeyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fantaskey, Bethmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Fantaskey, Bethmain authorall editionsconfirmed
For my parents, Donald and Marjorie Fantaskey
The first time I saw him, a heavy, gray fog clung to the cornfields, tails of mist slithering between the dying stalks.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152063846, Hardcover)

The undead can really screw up your senior year . . .

Marrying a vampire definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica Packwood’s senior year “get-a-life” plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth—and he’s her long-lost fiancé. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war—and save Lucius’s soul from eternal destruction

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:54 -0400)

Seventeen-year-old Jessica, adopted and raised in Pennsylvania, learns that she is descended from a royal line of Romanian vampires and that she is betrothed to a vampire prince, who poses as a foreign exchange student while courting her.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,098,109 books! | Top bar: Always visible