Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark…

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (edition 2010)

by Beth Fantaskey

Member:Annesanse
Title:Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side
Authors:Beth Fantaskey
Info:Graphia (2010), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Your library, Ebook, Owned, Finished

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine (Joles)
    Sucks to Be Me by Kimberly Pauley (foggidawn)
    Nightshade by Andrea Cremer (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: has the same teen paranormal thing going on with the arranged marriage
    The Awakening / The Struggle by L. J. Smith (Joles)
    Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (Cats57)
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (Joles)

English (102)  Italian (4)  All languages (106)
I am still unsure what I feel about this book. There are parts where I was completely enthralled and couldn't put it down, and others where I wanted to roll my eyes and walk away for a bit. Both Jessica and Lucius take on Bella and Edwards most uncharitable personality characteristics; Lucius is dark, moody, and whiny through most of the book and Jessica is so bone headed she can't see a vampire when he is standing in front of her. The plot was strong, but felt a bit anti-climactic and rushed at the end, but overall not to bad. I also believe if you are sacraficing yourself up like a ham, there should be a bit more drama, but there wasn't. Even with all the negative in this review, the tension between the two main characters is palpable, in both sexual and psychological. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
It was a cute story, but it wasn't executed very well. I am used to expecting more from my YA lit so maybe I am just being a little hard on this book. The title seems out of place as there are no rules or helpful "tips" from Jessica during the story.

There is a love story that seemed to be missing some of the steps to get to love, but oh well. Again, YA Lit.

tkappleton | Jun 22, 2014 |
So...

I was actually surprised at how amusing I found the first third of this book. It certainly exceeded my expectations. The rest of the book, not so much, and the end -while workable- was not executed very well at all. One particular reason why I found the middle to end sections so hard to stomach (I only ended up finishing it because I am in a race with someone to read the most books, and I didn't want to waste the time I spent reading the first half lol) was how Jessica seemed to supposed to be all empowered and stuff, while she (and everything about the book) is actually still very male centric, and the attitudes that Jessica develops towards Lucius seem very unhealthy.

The idea (and even execution) of a vampire being transplanted to rural Pennsylvania really was priceless. ( )
  KingdomOfOdd | Dec 9, 2013 |
Si puntò un dito al petto e dichiarò scandendo bene le parole come se avesse di fronte un bambino: «Io sono un vampiro». Poi, con lo stesso dito, indicò me. «Tu sei un vampiro. Noi ci sposeremo all’alba della tua maggiore età. Così è stato deciso al momento della nostra nascita». Il mio povero cervello non arrivò nemmeno a processare la parola “sposeremo”, figuriamoci “deciso”. Si bloccò a “vampiro”.
Libro molto bello!! L'ho letto davvero con molto piacere e spensieratezza.
Libro d'esordio di Beth Fantaskey che devo dire promette bene come scrittrice.Diciamo che la storia è ormai un "classico" dei giorni nostri....stundentessa americana e vampiro bello e dannato, però comunque una bella storia! Sicuramente diversa da Twilight, questa è una "favola" dei giorni nostri più che un romanzo, perchè ne racchiudetutti gli elementi: principi, principesse, cavalli, castelli....e chissà anche il tanto amato "e vissero felici e contenti" in questo caso per l'eternità?! ( )
  Emanuela.Booklove | Oct 6, 2013 |
"Jessica evolves nicely with each new shocking revelation, becoming, over the course of the novel, intriguing and strong protagonist...romance buffs will find the ultimate pairing of Lucius and Jessica absolutely irresistible, and it's downright swoonworthy once their elaborate courting ritual begins in earnest."
added by Awesomeness1 | editThe Bulletin

"This first novel quickly bursts ahead of the pack of Twilight wannabes...The romance sizzles, the plot develops ingeniously and suspensefully, and the satire stings."
added by Awesomeness1 | editPublisher's Weekly, starred review

For my parents, Donald and Marjorie Fantaskey
The first time I saw him, a heavy, gray fog clung to the cornfields, tails of mist slithering between the dying stalks.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152063846, Hardcover)

The undead can really screw up your senior year . . .

Marrying a vampire definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica Packwood’s senior year “get-a-life” plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth—and he’s her long-lost fiancé. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war—and save Lucius’s soul from eternal destruction

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:31:59 -0400)

Seventeen-year-old Jessica, adopted and raised in Pennsylvania, learns that she is descended from a royal line of Romanian vampires and that she is betrothed to a vampire prince, who poses as a foreign exchange student while courting her.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,393,557 books! | Top bar: Always visible