Dead is a State of Mind by Marlene Perez

Dead is a State of Mind

by Marlene Perez

Series: Dead Is (2)

The writing was okay but the story never seemed to have very much oomph. ( )
  kmmsb459 | Jan 24, 2016 |
Daisy and her sisters investigate the death of a beloved teacher. In the meantime her relationship with Ryan is floundering and a strange new boy in town seems very interested in Daisy.

This series is so much fun. Nice short quick reads. ( It took me a while because it was my lunch book). I love Daisy and her family and friends. The small town of Nightshade is so creepy cool. I would love to ive there. ( )
  TheLibraryhag | Jun 1, 2013 |
Another fun book with Daisy trying to find out who kills one of the high school teachers. ( )
  i.should.b.reading | Mar 29, 2013 |
A coworker suggested I read this series and though I was apprehensive, I did pick it up. and I fell immediately in love. The characters are fun, the plot interesting and the writing both amusing and slightly suspenseful. Daisy's from a family of psychics, but she doesn't have any powers -- or does she? That's the basic premise of the first book, but it's mixed up nicely with a mystery for Daisy to solve, a changing relationship with her former best friend and sisters as well as a cute little love story. I really enjoyed it. ( )
  callmecayce | May 20, 2011 |
i love this book even though it wasnt as good as the first one. this is what i look for in a mystery book... i would deffinetly read it again. i cant wait for the next book. ( )
  liga1996 | Feb 1, 2011 |
To Michael. And no, I'm not playing
Bejeweled instead of writing. Not at all.
I was running late. So late, in fact, that I didn't watch where I was going and slammed into someone walking out of the schooloffice as I ran by.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152062106, Paperback)

A creepy, campy new mystery series

Welcome to Nightshade, California—a small town full of secrets. It’s home to the psychic Giordano sisters, who have a way of getting mixed up in mysteries. During their investigations, they run across everything from pom-pom- shaking vampires to shape-shifting boyfriends to a clue-spewing jukebox. With their psychic powers and some sisterly support, they can crack any case!

There’s a gorgeous new guy at Nightshade High: Duke Sherrad, a fortune-teller claiming to have descended from Gypsies. Even though she’s psychic herself, Daisy is skeptical of Duke’s powers. But when a teacher who was the subject of one of his predictions ends up dead, she begins to wonder if Duke is the real deal after all.
Maybe if Daisy can track down the teacher’s killer, she can find out the truth. The only trouble is, all signs point to the murderer being of the furry persuasion. Is Daisy any match for a werewolf? Maybe she is . . . in more ways than she bargained for!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:00 -0400)

When a gorgeous new student's prediction that a teacher will be murdered comes true, seventeen-year-old Daisy is determined to solve the crime, but when all signs point to the killer being a werewolf, she fears she is in over her head.

Marlene Perez is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,590,715 books! | Top bar: Always visible