Wicked Is the Night by Catherine Mulvany

Wicked Is the Night

by Catherine Mulvany

It wasn't really a who dunnit book like I thought it would be but, It certainly was a page turner tho! I will be keeping my eye on this author! ( )
  anjileyes2001 | Jan 7, 2009 |
My first read by Catherine Mulvany, "Shadows All Around Her", just blew me away and "Something Wicked" was enough to put her on my 'authors to watch' list. Now she's followed those up with "Wicked Is the Night", an action-packed paranormal suspense that was a lovely way to spend an afternoon.

Nevada is a woman with no memories of who she is. She only knows that, until she escaped, she was in an institution and her psychic powers were being painfully tested like she was a guinea pig. Since her escape, there have been a string of murders in her wake and two strange men tracking her. She's just looking for somewhere to hide until she can figure out what to do about her past...and her future.

Trick can't believe what he saw; some trucker just dumped a body out the window! When he and his friend stop to check, they find Nevada. The mystery of her life is just what Trick needed to jar him from his bout of self-pity after the wreck that ended his racing career. He's just as sane as the next man, but when the murders appear to be committed by vampires? What the hell is Nevada mixed up in?

While this book wasn't as suspenseful as say, Kay Hooper, or Linda Howard...it was plenty enough to keep me turning the pages at quite a clip. I enjoyed the appearance of a character from her last book and will be eager to see what she comes up with next in her world of vampires and demon-hunters. ( )
  jjmachshev | Dec 28, 2008 |

'Nevada White' is running. She knows only that she is being pursued and that whoever aids her is in danger. She has no memory of who she is, except she knows she is not 'Nevada White'. She has lost the only tie she had to her past, an amulet, but what it represents is unknown. When she meets two strangers on the road who give her sancutary from her enemies and help her to discover who she is and why someone wants her dead.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,459,172 books! | Top bar: Always visible