The Walking Dead, Vol. 4: The Heart's Desire…

The Walking Dead, Vol. 4: The Heart's Desire (edition 2005)

by Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard (Illustrator), Cliff Rathburn (Illustrator)

7441912,508 (3.98)31
Member:kristykay22
Title:The Walking Dead, Vol. 4: The Heart's Desire
Authors:Robert Kirkman
Other authors:Charlie Adlard (Illustrator), Cliff Rathburn (Illustrator)
Info:Image Comics (2005), Paperback, 136 pages
Tags:read, fiction, graphic novel, borrowed, dan

The Walking Dead, Volume 4: The Heart's Desire by Robert Kirkman

Recently added byaledan, msralways, MerryKat, Abek, disfit, kgthor, jgladieu, adorebooks, bchccc, private library

English (15)  French (3)  Danish (1)  All languages (19)
The gang is overrun by zombies just as Dexter is threatening to kill them all if they don't leave the prison. In the ensuing chaos, Rick shoots Dexter, and later has to deal with the consequences of his actions. Also, a mysterious woman shows up at the prison with two armless, jawless zombies in tow.

Perhaps it's just because I'm so used to the TV show by now, but I totally didn't get why everyone was so upset with Rick. Dexter was threatening to either kick them onto the zombie-ridden streets, or kill them. I don't think there's any question that Rick did the right thing. ( )
  norabelle414 | Dec 31, 2013 |
Volume 4 was a quick read but definitely my least favorite from The Walking Dead series. The drama was something akin to a soap opera and I found myself feeling more than just a little annoyed with these characters. It's only saving grace was the introduction of Michonne. ( )
  diovival | Oct 14, 2013 |
The Walking Dead issues #19–24 ( )
  OstensiblyA1 | Sep 20, 2013 |
Excellent. I watched all of AMC's Season 1 of this show. Then I had to know how the plague started. I'm thinking Kirkman isn't going to tell me any more than AMC has/will. Still, excellent take on the zombie plague and life after. The last few pages gave me chills. I cannot WAIT for the next set from the library!! ( )
  lesmel | May 19, 2013 |
The series is progressing. A might bit less action, a little more interpersonal stuff, a bit slower, but not stagnant. Our little zombie infested soap opera continues.

With this volume we get the addition of Michonne, my new favorite kick-ass heroine. And some stupid shit, but since people are, by in large, fairly stupid, emotionally, I'm ok with it. ( )
  suzemo | Mar 31, 2013 |

Robert Kirkmanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Adlard, CharlieArtistmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Rathburn, CliffColoristmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Moore, TonyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wooton, RusLetterersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Please do not combine with The Walking Dead Book 4. The "volumes" are trade paperbacks which collect 6 issues, while the "books" are hard covers which collect 12 issues.

Police officer Rick Grimes and a few human survivors battle hordes of decomposing zombies.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,352,076 books! | Top bar: Always visible