Thirteen hours by Meghan O'Brien

Thirteen hours (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Meghan O'Brien

732241,234 (4)2
Member:KatiaMDavis
Title:Thirteen hours
Authors:Meghan O'Brien
Info:New York : Enfield : Bold Strokes ; Publishers Group UK [distributor], 2008.
Rating:***

Thirteen Hours by Meghan O'Brien (2008)

Free-spirited stripper (Laurel Stanley) and an uptight project manager (Dana Watts) are the protagonists of this one by Meghan O’Brien who writes more erotic romance than romance.

Dana’s friend Scott gives her a lap dance by a stripper in her office as a birthday gift. The gift goes wrong immediately as Dana reacts badly. She escorts the stripper out and they get stuck in a jammed elevator for – you guessed it – thirteen hours. A life-changing thirteen hours for both of them.

Read full review @https://www.bestlesficreviews.com/2019/01/thirteen-hours-by-meghan-obrien.html ( )
  LesficReviews | Feb 6, 2019 |
There is no denying this is a bit of naughty erotic fluff. I have a broad reading range, but I was reading with an editor's eye (at least that is my excuse). A PWP story that should not be held too high on the ladder of literary expectation, it is, however, one of the better attempts I have read over the years. Considering the author was only 20 when the book was written, it is well orchestrated (or edited). There were surprisingly less word choice cliches than I was expecting for this type of book, although that dreadful term "ministrations" did crop up (yes, I have been guilty of using it myself but have grown out of it). Other reviewers have said that there is not a lot of character development. I disagree, the characters do change through time, but the development is more staged than subtle. The book is not a challenging read at all, but what do you want in a book that is essentially 250 pages of sex? I got through it in about 4 hours. Read this if you enjoy texts about people exploring their fantasies and erotic writing. ( )
  KatiaMDavis | Dec 19, 2017 |

Can you fall in love in thirteen hours? It's her birthday but lonely workaholic Dana Watts is at the office late, drafting a proposal. The very last interruption she expects comes in the form of the most beautiful breasts she has ever seen. These belong to an incredibly hot woman, who is standing in front of her, stripping to music. Laurel Stanley performs strip-o-grams to pay her way through school. She has never encountered a more ungrateful recipient than Dana. The uptight project manager makes it clear that she is furious to be distracted from her work by the "gift" a colleague sent and equally appalled by Laurel's occupation. After Dana is rude and insulting, and insists on escorting Laurel from the building, the two women take an elevator ride that changes everything. Stuck with each other for thirteen long hours after the elevator breaks down, they discover how wrong first impressions can be and how right two strangers can feel together. Can everything change in less than a day? Dana and Laurel set out to discover if their passionate elevator encounter can mean more in this fast-paced, erotic story of lust, loneliness, fantasy, and desire.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,533,908 books! | Top bar: Always visible