The Mother Goose Book (Look-Look) by Nina…

The Mother Goose Book (Look-Look) (edition 1990)

by Nina Barbaresi

883137,094 (3)None
Member:crfonten
Title:The Mother Goose Book (Look-Look)
Authors:Nina Barbaresi
Info:Golden Books (1990), Paperback
Rating:***
Tags:easy, poetry, rhymes, k-3

The Mother Goose Book (Look-Look) by Nina Barbaresi

A collection of nursery rhymes. It is a good classic book to read with students. These are rhymes that we hear quoted all of the time and most of us heard growing up. ( )
  crfonten | Jan 22, 2013 |
Summary: This book has 20 short poems in it. The majority of them involved an animal or rodent. The best examples would be "Three Blind mice" and "Old Mother Hubbard". These are poems that have been around for many years. There was even Wee Willie Winkie which is a poem about childrens bedtimes.

Personal Refection: I enjoy this particular book because it has poems that i grew up with. These were a normal part of play when i was in elementary school. There were only a few that i did not hear or play with in my childhood such as "Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat" and "Pussy Cat Ate the Dumplings". The remainder were an active part of recess time and everyday play among myself and my friends. I have even heard some of them in recent times. I need to take the time to introduce my own children to these wonderful poems.

Extentions:
1) Could read them to the students and then as a class write your own poem involving people or places familiar to you as a group.
2) Class discussion about poems and/or stories the students have heard and why they are important.
  aduckwiler | Mar 5, 2011 |
This sculpted-edged bookm from Golden Books Publishing, has classic nursery rhymes that children have heard for centuries. This book has the most popular part/well-known portion of the nursery rhyme written. Simple illustrations by Nina Barbaresi accompany the rhyme set on white pages, giving a feel that the pictures "Pop" out of blank space and bring the words to life.

This is not the best Mother Goose book available to read, but it is simple. This is a great book to use to introduce small children to the wonderful world of Nursery Rhymes because the verse is short and the pictures illustrate the main point, giving the reader a foundation to build their imagination from.

As a classroom resource, this book is a must have for the student(s) who may not have must a lot of experience with Nursery Rhymes, especially boys who don't like to read. (I have two of those.) I plan to use this book as a way to introduce Poetry as a form of writing and as literature to my classes. Children can mimic the simple sentence patterns with a different subject or picture and practice making them rhyme. Also, drama can be introduced with this book by withholding the pictures and just reading one verse to the class, and then guide them in creating a small skit based on it.
  angkimbrell | Sep 14, 2008 |

Twenty familiar selections from Mother Goose.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:13 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,672,151 books! | Top bar: Always visible