No title (2001)

Title:
Authors:
Info:
Collections:

The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen (2001)

English (91)  German (5)  Portuguese (1)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (99)
Let me preface by saying:
I read this book in 2001? and NO... I don't watch Rizzoli and Isles.
The Rizzoli we meet here is quite different from the TV heroine (as described to me by friends).
I thoroughly enjoyed the first 6 or 7 books.
Then I felt they changed in their atmosphere and something inherent in the others was missing.
This was just about the time we got wind of an impending TV series.
I'm thankful for the Gerritsen's pre-TV offerings....they were good reads. ( )
  pennsylady | Jan 24, 2016 |
3.5 stars. It was an enjoyable first book in a series and I will for sure read more. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
I am so glad I finally got round to reading this. I'm hooked. Off to find the second one in the series! ( )
  Pet12 | Aug 4, 2015 |
Today they will find her body.

Today, they will find her body. I know how it will happen. I can picture, quite vividly, the sequence of events that will lead to the discovery...In Boston, there's a killer on the loose: a killer who targets lone women, who breaks into their apartments and performs terrifying ritualistic acts of torture on his victims before finishing them off. His surgical skills lead police to suspect he is a physician - a physician who, instead of saving lives, takes them. But as homicide detective, Thomas Moore and his partner Jane Rizzoli begin their investigation, they make a startling discovery. Closely linked to these killings is Catherine Cordell, a beautiful medic with a mysterious past. Two years ago, she was subjected to a horrifying rape and attempted murder but shot her attacker dead. Now, she is being targeted by this new killer who seems to know all about her past, her work at the Pilgrim Medical Center, and where she lives. The man she believes she killed seems to be stalking her once again, and this time he knows exactly where to find her...
Serial rapist
Tracks a prior rape victim.
Close call, all ends well!

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0345447840, Mass Market Paperback)

Penzler Pick, August 2001: Tess Gerritsen left a very successful career as an internist to raise her children and devote more time to writing. After several books that have had moderate success, Gerritsen has now written a gruesome and frightening story that should put her among the top women thriller writers working today.

A serial killer is on the loose in Boston. The victims are killed in a particularly nasty way: cut with a scalpel on the stomach, the intestines and uterus removed, and then the throat slashed. The killer obviously has medical knowledge and has been dubbed "the Surgeon" by the media. Detective Thomas Moore and his partner Rizzoli of the Boston Homicide Unit have discovered something that makes this case even more chilling. Years ago in Savannah a serial killer murdered in exactly the same way. He was finally stopped by his last victim, who shot him as he tried to cut her. That last victim is Dr. Catherine Cordell, who now works as a cardiac surgeon at one of Boston's prestigious hospitals. As the murders continue, it becomes obvious that the killer is drawing closer and closer to Dr. Cordell, who is becoming so frightened that she is virtually unable to function. But she is the only person who can help the police catch this copycat killer. Or is it a copycat? To complicate matters even further, Detective Moore, often referred to as Saint Thomas as he continues to mourn the loss of his wife, is getting emotionally involved with the doctor.

The suspense in The Surgeon is almost unbearable. The writing is superb and the stunning twists and turns make it almost impossible to put down. -- Otto Penzler

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:44 -0400)

A female heart surgeon, terrorized by a serial killer in Boston using the same MO as a killer who attacked her during her internship years in Savannah, works with a detective to solve the crime while trying to stay alive.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,149,459 books! | Top bar: Always visible