Sleeping Arrangements by Madeleine Wickham

Sleeping Arrangements (original 2001; edition 2004)

by Madeleine Wickham

Member:janersm
Title:Sleeping Arrangements
Authors:Madeleine Wickham
Info:BLACK SWAN (TWLD) (2004), Edition: New Ed, Paperback, 303 pages
Rating:*
Tags:disappointing-books, chick-lit, read-in-2012, infidelity

Sleeping Arrangements by Madeleine Wickham (2001)

English (27)  Italian (1)  All (28)
This book was hard to believe. I found it hard to believe that this situation could be realistic. I thought the characters were quite superficial, dishonest, and had no backbone or morals. It was not a favorite. ( )
  marciablnc | May 1, 2017 |
It was a cute, easy read. I could have done without the infidelity because they "had to find out", the 16-year-old losing his virginity to the nanny while the mom turned her back, and the pot smoking ... but I won't be a prude on this one. I was glad it was happily-ever-after.

I have a few others by Sophie Kinsella on my list, and will read another one by her. After that, I'll decide whether or not she is an author worth keeping on my TBR. ( )
  CarmenMilligan | Jan 18, 2016 |
Ok. Easy read. Wickham is aka Sophie Kinsella, whose books I enjoy. Sleeping arrangements is more British, but a good story, some smiles, and interesting twists. ( )
  JeanetteSkwor | Nov 10, 2015 |
Ms. Wickham sets the reader up - two lovers torn apart, married to spouses that are difficult, suddenly reunited in awkward circumstances. You are sure that you are supposed to be rooting for them to get back together. I liked that in the end, there was loyalty to existing relationships but didn't like that there was infidelity. There are some funny parts in the storyline. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Sep 8, 2015 |
Best M.W. book I've read. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |

Chloe needs a holiday. She's sick of making wedding dresses, her partner Philip has troubles at work, and the whole family wants a break. Her wealthy friend Gerard has offered the loan of his luxury villa in Spain--perfect.

Hugh is not a happy man. His immaculate wife Amanda seems more interested in her new kitchen than in him, and he works so hard to pay for it, he barely has time for his children. Maybe he'll have a chance to bond with them on holiday. His old friend Gerard has lent them a luxury villa in Spain--perfect.

Both families arrive at the villa and realize the awful truth--Gerard has double-booked. What no one else realizes is that Chloe and Hugh have a history; and as tensions rise within the two families, old passions resurface. It seems that Gerard's 'accidental' double booking may not be an accident after all...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:06 -0400)

Thanks to a mutual friends's invitation, two families meet in a luxury villa in Spain and discover their room is overbooked, igniting old passions and tensions.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Madeleine Wickham's book Sleeping Arrangements was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,156,230 books! | Top bar: Always visible