Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Stay With Me by Maya Banks

Info:Publisher Unknown, Kindle Edition, 135 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:multiple-partners

Stay With Me by Maya Banks

Catherine Cullen-Wellesley is devastated when her husbands forget their date to celebrate their fifth wedding anniversary, thus also ruining the surprise she had for them. At least they still had their upcoming two week vacation to Jamaica where they would have some much needed time uninterrupted. When Logan and Rhys postpone that to jet off on a last minute business trip, Catherine has to face the facts that her marriage is in serious trouble. Desperate for some time to think, she decides to go on that vacation without (telling) them. When Logan and Rhys return home to find her gone, they realize they're on the verge of losing the woman they love. Not willing to let her go without a fight, they chase after her and spend the next two weeks trying to gain her forgiveness as well as her trust.

This story was an emotional roller coaster ride fro beginning to end. At first it was easy to side with Catherine. She's felt neglected for a long time, more so since Logan and Rhys began building their company from the ground up. Then we get glimpses into the minds of Logan and Rhys, and it becomes apparent that they love Cat beyond measure. They're not bad, just oblivious. When they finally catch up with her, they don't waste any time trying to convince her she's still their number one priority. However actions speak louder than words, and act they do.

Catherine accepts responsibility that she's partly to blame for the breakdown of their marriage because she never told them how she really felt whenever they put the company before her. I liked that Logan and Rhys acknowledged that they'd messed up. They didn't try to dictate her around or make her feel guilty. However, after we find out about their background and that their quest to be financially successful was as much for her as it was for them, it made Cat seem clingy, needy and selfish (but it could have been her pregnancy hormones adding fuel to the fire). Despite being on vacation with her, they still had a company to run, and they left without leaving instructions behind, so it really bothered me that she would tense up and get angry or fearful whenever they'd take a work call or work email. Before things get better, there's a misunderstanding and more drama for them to overcome. In the end I think they redeemed themselves by making compromises that seemed so simple. If only they had come to that conclusion sooner. Hindsight is 20/20 and I think their relationship only got stronger because of all the heartache.

Though the love scenes were steamy, I found myself skimming them. They weren't bad, but I was just more invested in the characters and their personal growth as they tried to navigate the pitfalls of work and marriage. This was an excellent read. ( )
  MsRomanticReads | Apr 12, 2013 |
3.5 stars ( )
  Kaetrin | Aug 13, 2012 |
3.5 stars ( )
  Kaetrin | Aug 9, 2012 |
The book sends the trio back in time 1,000 years to Chichén Itzá, where the boys make friends with fallen Maya Royals who they help restore to there rightful place in society. I like the books and they are very popular with series readers, especially boys. The Maya are a living breathing people still unlike neanderthals or european pirates and it is not awful, good for beginers to read . In particular spot in the book, Scieszka ridicules the evil Maya rulers name as "Kakapupahed". i mention this to whoever takes the book out. Still, the series is clever and popular with for people my age to read.
  curtiss.wilson37 | Jun 1, 2012 |
This was a really good story, even though it seemed too short. I would have liked to see more interaction between the characters especially after Catherine's stay in the hospital. Ms. Banks does pack a lot into a few pages though. She also writes some of the best menages on the market today. I loved the characters and the plot and the emotional turmoil between the characters. A definite recommend. ( )
  LadyIsis | Apr 21, 2012 |

Is contained in

To Jennifer who is every bit as nitpicky as I am, a fact I am extremely grateful for. This wouldn't have a chance of being near as good without you.
They weren't coming.

Getting her back will be the toughest deal they’ve ever negotiated.

On the night of her fifth anniversary, Catherine Cullen-Wellesley intends to break the news to the two men in her life. She’s pregnant with their child. It’ll be the perfect preamble to the vacation they’ve promised her: Two weeks on a Jamaican beach. No cell phones, no emails, no business.

But when Logan and Rhys blow off the trip for yet another “business emergency”, Catherine faces some difficult truths. She hasn’t come first in her busy husbands’ lives in a long time. Defiantly, she packs her bags for her long-awaited vacation—alone. It’ll give her a chance to figure out what the hell she’s going to do with the rest of her life.

When Logan and Rhys come home to an empty house, they realize two things: One, it was a mistake to take Catherine for granted. Two, they’re not willing to just let her walk out of their lives.

Winning her back will be the most difficult battle of their lives—more important than any business deal they’ve ever negotiated.

Getting her back will be the toughest deal they've ever negotiated. On the night of her fifth anniversary, Catherine Cullen-Wellesley intends to break the news to the two men in her life. She's pregnant with their child. It'll be the perfect preamble to the vacation they've promised her: Two weeks on a Jamaican beach. No cell phones, no emails, no business. But when Logan and Rhys blow off the trip for yet another "business emergency", Catherine faces some difficult truths. She hasn't come first in her busy husbands' lives in a long time. Defiantly, she packs her bags for her long-awaited vacation--alone. It'll give her a chance to figure out what the hell she's going to do with the rest of her life. When Logan and Rhys come home to an empty house, they realize two things: One, it was a mistake to take Catherine for granted. Two, they're not willing to just let her walk out of their lives. Winning her back will be the most difficult battle of their lives--more important than any business deal they've ever negotiated.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,485,267 books! | Top bar: Always visible