Water for Health, for Healing, for Life:…

Water for Health, for Healing, for Life: You're Not Sick, You're… (original 2003; edition 2008)

by F. Batmanghelidj

1544130,902 (3)2
Based on more than twenty years of clinical and scientific research into the role of water in the body, a pioneering physician and the acclaimed author of Your Body's Many Cries for Water shows how water -- yes, water! -- can relieve a stunning range of medical conditions. Simply adjusting your fluid and salt intakes can help you treat and prevent dozens of diseases, avoid costly prescription drugs, and enjoy vibrant new health. Discover: The different signals of thirst and chronic dehydration in your body, How much water and salt you need each day to stay healthy, Why other beverages, including tea, coffee, and sodas, cannot be substituted for water, How to naturally lessen, even eliminate, symptoms of asthma and allergies, How to help prevent life-threatening conditions such as heart failure, stroke, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and cancer, How hypertension may be treated naturally, without diuretics or medication, Why water is the key to losing weight without dieting, How to hydrate your skin to combat premature aging.… (more)
Member:JESUSisLORD
Title:Water for Health, for Healing, for Life: You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty!
Authors:F. Batmanghelidj
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2008), Kindle Edition, 304 pages

Water: For Health, for Healing, for Life: You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty! by Fereydoon Batmanghelidj (2003)

Interesting hypothesis regarding water as a medicine. I suspect that some of the described effects are accurate but much is not. The information provided is theoretical and anecdotal. No scientific evidence is provided. There is truth that appropriate intake of water is valuable in maintaining health. I remain skeptical of his claims, which are too broad in nature. ( )
  GlennBell | May 1, 2014 |
It just makes sense that many of our health issues can begin in lack of proper hydration. A good read - but check it out of the library -- not a keeper. ( )
  autumnesf | Apr 1, 2013 |
I’m not sure how I really feel about this book…on one hand I do think water is extremely important as a part of healthy living, however much of this book is extensive descriptions of body functions that aren’t overly technical…but, for me at least, take away from the “readability” of the book. It is my opinion that this could have been half as long and still made his point (and made it well). My main problem with Batmanghelidj is that he makes a LOT of claims as to the many, many, many (practically every condition, syndrome, and disease imaginable) is “curable” by consumption of copious amounts of water and some salt and minerals. While I don’t doubt their benefits…I would really have liked to see some documented studies and/or testimonials by other experts in the field and Batmanghelidj doesn’t supply either. This book is entirely comprised of his personal opinion and experience, the book also provides no bibliography, references or recommend reading. Without studies of some kind to back up his claims…Batmanghelidj just comes off as a man beating the water trough and sounding very whiny about how is theories are not taken seriously or accepted by the medical community at large. I think since the inception of his work, water has become more widely acknowledged as necessary for healthy living…but it would take some serious effort to prove all of his claims and have them accepted the way he would like them to be. I wouldn’t recommend buying this book…if you’re interested in the subject (and I did find a lot of the book helpful and informative, I just don’t take his claims as to the far reaching effects he would like us to believe), check it out from your local library (like I did) or buy it used…I give it a C based on the unfounded medical claims alone. ( )
  the_hag | Jun 30, 2008 |
This book will change your life, starting with your awareness of your own body. An excellent read for people who dislike doctor visits, pharmaceuticals, or even being ill for that matter. In fact, I recommend that everyone read this book, cover to cover. ( )
  TheBooknerd | Mar 27, 2008 |
"The worse sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them; that's the essence of inhumanity."

George Bernard Shaw, 1897
To Our Creator with Awe, Humility, Dedication, and Love

Also, dedicated to all who suffered because of our past limitations in medical knowledge.
Only if you begin to suffer from a health problem that may eventually kill you will you begin to search high and low for an explanation and solution to your predicament.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,500,359 books! | Top bar: Always visible