Hurry Up and Meditate: Your Starter Kit for…

Hurry Up and Meditate: Your Starter Kit for Inner Peace and Better Health

by David Michie

This was the first real book I read about meditation and subtle intro into Buddhism. It really helped me learn better ways to deal with the grief of my father's passing as well as with just typical emotional struggles. The author relates to the reader with his own personal experiences in learning about meditation and then offers several different methods to start from. Highly recommended for anyone who needs some calm in their life. :) ( )
  kirako | Oct 16, 2015 |

If meditation was available in capsule form, it would be the biggest selling drug of all time. It has been scientifically proven to deliver highly effective stress relief, boost our immune systems and dramatically slow the ageing process. It has also been shown to make us much happier and more effective thinkers. Given all the physical and psychological benefits, why aren't more of us doing it? In his thought-provoking and entertaining book, David Michie explains the nuts and bolts of meditation. As a busy professional, as well as long-term meditator, he also gives a first-hand account of how to integrate this transformational practice into every day life. Combining leading edge science with timeless wisdom, Hurry Up and Meditate provides all the motivation and tools you need to achieve greater balance, better health and a more panoramic perspective of life.… (more)

David Michie is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

9 wanted3 pay10 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,841,615 books! | Top bar: Always visible