Tethered by Amy MacKinnon

Tethered (2008)

by Amy MacKinnon

English (33)  Dutch (1)  All languages (34)
This was a really good book. It was thought provoking and touching. ( )
  SoccerMomKnits | Jan 22, 2018 |
This book was on my Wishlist for almost four years and finally the price dropped to $1.99. I grabbed it quickly but honestly had no recollection of what it was about or why I had put it on my Wishlist. From the cover I thought it was maybe something futuristic or science fiction-y. I was completely wrong. This was a mystery, through and through. It was a slow burning story that misdirected you as to it's real character until you are drawn into a mystery you must keep reading at all costs. ( )
  Kathl33n | Jul 8, 2017 |
Excellent story with a fragile, damaged main character named Clara that works as an undertaker and keeps very much to herself. She fights a growing physical attraction to police detective Mike Sullivan as they investigate a cold case of a murdered girl who may be linked with a little girl Clara encounters playing in the funeral home. Along the way the reader is offered glimpses of Clara's past that shaped her into the closed-off woman she has become. I really enjoyed this story and felt moved by Clara's pain and sense of isolation. ( )
  dorie.craig | Jun 22, 2017 |
Amy McKinnon tells a great story. This was so well-written, so well-told. Yes, it lays heavy into the symbolism of flowers, but her characters are these beautiful, 3D-rendered people and you're plunked right in the midst of an engaging story. ( )
  mhanlon | Jun 1, 2017 |
If I could, I think I'd give this book a 3.5 stars. It was an odd, very atmospheric book with a very interesting protagonist which was almost ruined for me by the last 5 pages. There was also a very unbelivable romance. But I was more willing to forgive that. ( )
  mkunruh | Nov 13, 2016 |

Amy MacKinnonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gelder, Mariëtte vansecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ik draag dit boek op aan Erica Michelle Maria Green alle andere kinderen die nooit genoeg liefde hebben gekregen
I plunge my thumb between the folds of the incision, then hook my forefinger deep into her neck.

Clara Marsh is an undertaker who doesn’t believe in God. She spends her solitary life among the dead, preparing their last baths and bidding them farewell with a bouquet from her own garden. Her carefully structured life shifts when she discovers a neglected little girl, Trecie, playing in the funeral parlor, desperate for a friend.

It changes even more when Detective Mike Sullivan starts questioning her again about a body she prepared three years ago, an unidentified girl found murdered in a nearby strip of woods. Unclaimed by family, the community christened her Precious Doe. When Clara and Mike learn Trecie may be involved with the same people who killed Precious Doe, Clara must choose between the stead-fast existence of loneliness and the perils of binding one’s life to another.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:01 -0400)

Undertaker Clara Marsh doesn't believe in God. It's hardly a wonder; she has had little in life to give her cause for faith. After surviving the car accident that killed her free-spirited mother, she was raised by a grandmother who beat her with a brush and tore out her hair. When Clara finally escapes her grandmother's clutches, she enrolls in mortuary school and lands a job at a New England funeral home whose kindhearted owners take her in as their own. Clara finds herself drawn to the cold case of g2sPrecious Doe,g3s an unidentified teen found murdered in the nearby woods. She senses it{u2019}s more than coincidence when a neglected young waif named Trecie appears in the funeral parlor where she works. Could Trecie be destined for the same fate as g2sPrecious Doeg3s? Throughout her life, Clara has taken great pains to remain uninvolved in others' lives. But this time it's different.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,087,435 books! | Top bar: Always visible