Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes by…

Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes (edition 2008)

by Mem Fox

Member:ashbrau
Title:Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes
Authors:Mem Fox
Info:Harcourt Children's Books (2008), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 40 pages
Collections:Picture Books
Tags:picture-books

Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes by Mem Fox

Children are all different, but at the same time a lot alike. In this sweetly illustrated picture book we see how children all over the world may have different backgrounds but are all a little alike. Each child is special and needs to be loved.
This would be a good book to have the children play with their own handprints. I would lay out stamp pads and paper and let the children explore.
This is also a great book to learn to follow directions. I would have the children follow the directions of the book as I read. ( )
  sb938957 | Jul 18, 2016 |
Australian author Mem Fox and British illustrator Helen Oxenbury team up to produce this charming picture-book celebration of babies the world over, every one with "ten little fingers and ten little toes." In rhyming text the author presents pairs of babies, while the artwork depicts their chubby beauty- especially their little appendages...

A sweet little book, one I can see working very well at bedtime, as mothers and fathers tuck their little ones in, Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes ends in such a way that parents will be able to incorporate their own child into the story-telling experience, giving them three kisses on their noses. The artwork is delightful, depicting a diverse range of babies who nevertheless share some important characteristics... not the least of which is their cuteness. Recommended to anyone looking for engaging picture-books for babies and toddlers, especially books which use rhyming text and feature a diverse cast of children. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | May 30, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this book. I liked that there was a cultural aspect to the story. Different babies from all over the world were talked about, which I thought made the book more meaningful to a larger range of people. I also liked that the author chose very repetitive language. She chooses to repeat, "both of these babies, as everyone knows, had ten little fingers and ten little toes," throughout the book. this help to constantly bring the story back to the big idea that even though these babies are from different cultures and places, they are all still human and have a lot in common. ( )
  maddieburchell | Apr 30, 2016 |
FINGERS, TOES, REPETITIVE TEXT, BABY STORYTIME OR TODDLER STORYTIME, MULTICULTURAL

Very cute. I love the repeating text of each baby having ten little fingers and ten little toes. Each baby either comes from a different place and are different from one another but are precious also. Great for preschool or toddler storytime. ( )
  jherring | Apr 21, 2016 |
This little board book can also be sung as a song which I love. I also love that the book shows a lot of diversity in the babies of different ethnicities and cultures as well as the unifying concept that they all have ten little fingers and ten little toes. ( )
  JPEmmrich5 | Dec 2, 2015 |

Fox, Memprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Oxenbury, HelenIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
For Helena, who teaches them all -M. F.

For all the babies of the world -H. O.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 015206057X, Hardcover)

As everyone knows, nothing is sweeter than tiny baby fingers and chubby baby toes. . . . And here, from two of the most gifted picture-book creators of our time, is a celebration of baby fingers, baby toes, and the joy they—and the babies they belong to—bring to everyone, everywhere, all over the world!

This is a gorgeously simple picture book for very young children, and once you finish the rhythmic, rhyming text, all you’ll want to do is go back to the beginning . . . and read it again! The luminous watercolor illustrations of these roly-poly little ones from a variety of backgrounds are adorable, quirky, and true to life, right down to the wrinkles, dimples, and pudges in their completely squishable arms, legs, and tummies.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:15 -0400)

Rhyming text compares babies born in different places and in different circumstances, but they all share the commonality of ten little fingers and ten little toes.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0670072397, 0143503588

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,588,189 books! | Top bar: Always visible