Black Wind by Clive Cussler

Black Wind (edition 2004)

by Clive Cussler

2,220274,327 (3.6)14
Member:wimstu
Title:Black Wind
Authors:Clive Cussler
Info:Michael Joseph (2004), Edition: Export Ed, Paperback
Tags:Fiction, Adventure

Black Wind by Clive Cussler

Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy (Hedgepeth)
    Hedgepeth: A mutated disease is about to be loosed to cause an epidemic...

English (23)  Dutch (2)  Finnish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (27)
This is something like the seventh Clive Cussler book I have read and it was pretty much the same as all the others. I enjoy the simple fun of these books. This time, I felt that the number of times death is escaped and the sheer number of witty remarks immediately following one of these near death experiences was a bit much. Knowing that the good guys always win and the bad guys are classic bad guys doesn't do anything to hurt the brain candy. It would be cool if Cussler mixed it up a bit with a bit of an actual cliff hanger every now and again. In summary - you know what you are getting in a Dirk Pitt novel. ( )
  msaucier818 | Apr 9, 2018 |
When I read fiction, one of the things that I do is to maintain a list of problematic questions regarding the narrative and the choices of the author in terms of plotting and the like. And when I get to ten questions of this sort, I stop with the list and either continue to read with my brain turned off or throw the book against the wall and read something else. Well, I'm pretty sure that I could have come up with dozens and dozens of questions about the plot of this one, and if it hadn't been for my love of *Clive* Cussler's work in the past with some of these characters, this one would not have survived my 50 page rule. But I hung in there for the sake of Dirk and Al and Rudy and Sandecker more than for the sake of The Next Generation. And it never got better; it remained extremely stupid and unbelievable from start to finish. I don't know if I'll continue with the series anytime soon (especially with Cussler's son Dirk getting more involved with the writing), but I'm not ready to say goodbye yet. Still, it's sad to see a series in decline like this. In short, this one is for the complete-ists out there, but I would not recommend it to anyone else. ( )
  jimgysin | Jun 19, 2017 |
"" ( )
  rouzejp | Sep 2, 2015 |
In the waning days of World War II, the Japanese tried a last desperate measure-a different kind of kamikaze mission, this one carried out by two submarines bound for the West Coast of the United States, their cargo a revolutionary new strain of biological virus. Neither sub made it to the designated target. But that does not mean they were lost. Someone knows about the subs and what they bore, knows... ( )
  Tutter | Feb 26, 2015 |
I travel around the globe, eat well, imagine i can swim out of danger, am vital....getting too dramatic. However, this was the best of the older novels I have found at the thrift stores. The adventure was spine tingling and the medical mystery right up my alley! Fun fast read it was indeed...I am in favor of not revealing plots;/spoilers for these stories as that is what hooks the reader like me, and I say great job. Love the addiction to vintage vehicles but what happens to the Chrysler in this one will make the Mopar club cry! ( )
  pre20cenbooks | Feb 5, 2014 |

Clive Cusslerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cussler, Dirkmain authorall editionsconfirmed
In memory of my mother, Baebara, whose love, compassion, kindness, and encouragement are deeply missed by all who knew her.

D.E.C.
LIEUTENANT COMMANDER Takeo Ogawa glanced at his wristwatch and shook his head in irritation.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425204235, Mass Market Paperback)

Dirk Pitt teams up with his children to find two WWII Japanese subs that went down armed with a devastating payload: a new biological virus.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:19 -0400)

In the final days of World War II, the Japanese launch two submarines carrying a new strain of a deadly virus to the west coast of the United States, but years after the subs are lost at sea, someone plots to use their deadly cargo.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0141020687, 0718197526

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,511,395 books! | Top bar: Always visible