L'année du loup-garou by Stephen King

L'année du loup-garou (original 1983; edition 2012)

by Stephen King, Bernie Wrightson (Illustrator), François Lasquin (Translator)

Member:Patangel
Title:L'année du loup-garou
Authors:Stephen King
Other authors:Bernie Wrightson (Illustrator), François Lasquin (Translator)
Info:Albin Michel (2012), Broché, 130 pages
Collections:Your library, Lus en 2012
Rating:***
Tags:Fantastique

Cycle Of The Werewolf by Stephen King (1983)

English (45)  French (1)  All (46)
Cycle of the Werewolf is divided into twelve parts, the full moon of each month. A werewolf is killing people in Tarker's Mills. For a reader there isn't any mystery - you get your werewolf right away. You only don't know the man.

I guess it comes down to whether you enjoy reading monster stories or not. There isn't any deep characterization here. You either like the characters without any particular reason or you don't. I felt sorry for Marty, but only because he couldn't participate in the games with the rest. His behaviour never invites pity.

You won't be surprised that the best parts of the story are the bloody ones. My favourite is the killing that didn't happen in Tarker's Mills (if only that could have been prolonged).

Aneris | Dec 29, 2016 |

Aneris | Oct 31, 2016 |

Aneris | Oct 31, 2016 |
Cycle of the Werewolf is essentially a series of interconnected short stories, in which a small town is being terrorized by a werewolf. The stories are generally 2-4 pages long and there is one for each month of the year, the day of the full moon. Despite not containing a whole lot of text, the book stretches itself out to 127 pages with loads of loads of blank pages and full-page illustrations.

The format doesn't lend itself to depth, it starts as a scattering of werewolf killings until 3 or 4 stories in, when the town starts catching on to what happens. Even then, with the ongoing plot jumping forward a month at a time leaves it all feeling pretty flat.

I think it's safe to say Stephen King is better at writing huge tomes with lots of character development, because this is just so-so at best. ( )
  Ape | Oct 8, 2016 |
I love how this story was short and yet gave so much. I also love how they pulled a movie from this without completely destroying the original story. ( )
  PriPri77 | Jun 23, 2016 |

Stephen Kingprimary authorall editionscalculated
Wrightson, BerniIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In the stinking darkness under the barn, he raised his shaggy head. His yellow, stupid eyes gleamed. "I hunger," he whispered. -- Henry Ellender, The Wolf
"Thirty days hath September, April, June, and November, all the rest but the Second have thirty-one, Rain and snow and jolly sun, and the moon grows fat in every one." -- Child's rime
In memory of Davis Grubb, and all the voices of Glory.
Somewhere, high above, the moon shines down, fat and full--but here, in Tarker's Mills, a January blizzard has choked the sky with snow.

The isolated Maine village of Tarker Mills is terrorized by the horrifying bloodthirsty creature stalking its inhabitants at the time of the full moon.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 111,790,194 books! | Top bar: Always visible