Know Your Power: A Message to America's…

Know Your Power: A Message to America's Daughters

by Nancy Pelosi

Other authors: Amy Hill Hearth

582204,058 (3)None

I haven't read this, and don't intend to. Nancy Pelosi was commencement speaker at my graduation from Mills College in 2010, and she gave these out to all the graduating class.
  scarahliz | Nov 23, 2010 |
Pretty good book. I always like to read about women who have accomplished a lot. ( )
  bugs5 | Dec 9, 2008 |

Nancy Pelosiprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hearth, Amy Hillsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pelosi, NancyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

“Never losing faith, we waited through the many years of struggle to achieve our rights. But women weren't just waiting; women were working. Never losing faith, we worked to redeem the promise of America, that all men and women are created equal. For our daughters and our granddaughters today we have broken the marble ceiling. For our daughters and our granddaughters now the sky is the limit.” —Nancy Pelosi, after being sworn in as Speaker of the House

When Nancy Pelosi became the first woman Speaker of the House, she made history. She gavelled the House to order that day on behalf of all of America’s children and said, “We have made history, now let us make progress.” Now she continues to inspire women everywhere in this thought-provoking collection of wise words—her own and those of the important people who played pivotal roles in her journey.

In these pages, she encourages mothers and grandmothers, daughters and granddaughters to never lose faith, to speak out and make their voices heard, to focus on what matters most and follow their dreams wherever they may lead. Perhaps the Speaker says it best herself in the Preface: “I find it humbling and deeply moving when women and girls approach me, looking for insight and advice. If women can learn from me, in the same way I learned from the women who came before me, it will make the honor of being Speaker of the House even more meaningful.”

This is a truly special book to share with all the women you know. It is a keepsake to turn to again and again, whenever you need to be reminded that anything is possible when you know your power.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:54:34 -0400)

When Nancy Pelosi became the first woman Speaker of the House, she made history. She gavelled the House to order that day on behalf of all of America's children and said, "We have made history, now let us make progress." Now she continues to inspire women everywhere in this thought-provoking collection of wise words--her own and those of the important people who played pivotal roles in her journey.--From publisher description.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,025,605 books! | Top bar: Always visible