Winged Pharaoh by Joan Grant

Winged Pharaoh (1937)

by Joan Grant

110None109,198 (3.78)1
    Eyes Of Horus by Joan Grant (SelenaSelena)
    SelenaSelena: I keep waiting to find an Egyptologists reading of these novels by Joan Grant. From my understanding these novels were written sometime in the Twenties or Thirties and the author claimed to have been recounting stories from past lives in Egypt? I suppose no real archaeology expert worth their salt would like to explain if and how her novels are historically innacurate?… (more)

No reviews
When the time came for me to return to Earth, a Messenger of the Great Overlords told me that I should be re-born in Kam; and the two who would fashion my new body would welcome me, for we had been companions aforetime and the ties between us were of love and not of hatred, which are the two threads that bind men most closely together upon Earth; and for my brother I should have one with whom I had traveled long upon the great journey.

WINGED PHARAOH

In ancient Egypt, a pharaoh who was also qualified, by extrasensory powers and special training, to be a priest, was called a "Winged Pharaoh" This fascinating novel, which has had eighteen hard-bound printings in England, is the first-person story of a princess of ancient Egypt who becomes such a ruler.

Winged Pharaoh re-creates the life of ancient Egypt with a color and force reminiscent of Marguerite Yourcenar's Memoirs of Hadrian. At the same time, it affirms the immortality of the human soul as Sekeeta, the princes, expands the power of her mind, freeing it from her body to travel in time and space, and masters the secrets of reincarnation - to help herself rule wisely, and with justice.

Sekeeta is the daughter of Pharaoh in ancient Egypt. Because she demonstrates psychic abilities, she is sent to the temple, where she is trained to recall past lives, remember her dreams, and much more. Upon the death of her father, she becomes a "winged Pharaoh"--both priestess and pharaoh--and leads her country with enlightenment. The most famous of Joan Grant's 7 "far memory" novels--stories based on her recollection of earlier lifetimes.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:27 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,427,012 books! | Top bar: Always visible