Eragon / Eldest / Brisingr by Christopher…

Eragon / Eldest / Brisingr

by Christopher Paolini (Author)

English (8)  German (1)  All languages (9)
First off Ive only read the first book and im reading the next one now. But what I can tell you, is that when you read the first chapter of the first book, you'll want to read the entire series. The plot is placed very well, and the battle scenes will give you the perfect visuals, making it feel like your right there holding a sword and a sheild. But one factor that really amazed me was that Christopher Paolini wrote this when he was a teenager. ( )
  br13gugr | Jan 25, 2013 |
I was sure that these books would not be my style of writing but I loved them. They were easy reads and I can't wait for the next book to come out. Paolini is such a young talented author. ( )
  mannperkins | Jan 24, 2011 |
I did find some similarities to other books of the same genre, but it holds it's own with dragon riders and unique language. It held my attention the entire time, but not enough to say I was completely submerged. I enjoyed reading these books and am looking forward to the final book in the series. ( )
  nizmart | Aug 7, 2010 |
I found this story captivating.

Having grown up on the Lord of the Rings, the Silmarillian, and even the Sword of Shannara, I found Paolini's detailed descriptions drew me into his world, and made it real for me.

That having been said, if you don't like to have the canvas painted for you to immerse yourself in, I'd recommend going elsewhere.

I truly enjoyed this series. ( )
  kalanasse | Apr 8, 2010 |
I first heard of the author on a newscast. I then saw the movie and thought the book might be a good read also. I found the plot very engaging, and style of writing very intellectual & thoughtful. I've enjoyed being a part of the character Eragon's growth as an individual and as a major player in his world. Overall, I've found the series to be an excellent read! ( )
  bribaker2001 | Jun 25, 2009 |

WITH THE HIGHLY anticipated publication of Book Three in the Inheritance cycle, the hardcover editions of all three books will be available in a handsome boxed set!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:32:05 -0400)

Gerard Doyle vividly re-creates the world within Christopher Paolini's bestselling Inheritance Cycle in this superbly narrated set of audiobooks. The 3-story Inheritance Cycle prepack includes Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr for more than 67 hours of listening pleasure.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,315,107 books! | Top bar: Always visible