Radigan by Louis L'Amour

Radigan

by Louis L'Amour

I'm a big fan of L'Amour after getting hooked by Lonesome Gods. I'd have to say Tom Radigan is one of my favorite L'Amour characters. L'Amour has created a perfect antagonist in Angelina. Radigan is about A land war over grazing grounds at the onset of winter, two men against an entire group of gunslinging cattleman. ( )
  Nicole_L_Ochoa | May 5, 2017 |
typical good guy wins, gets land and girl ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
A fast-paced Western mystery/romance. A lone rancher finds trouble when a mysterious lady with 3000 head of cattle and 30 men comes to take his land.
**********
A psychological thriller disguised as a Western romance. Radigan must out-think, out-track, and out-wit his opponents if he hopes to keep his ranch and even his life. I was kept reading on the edge of my seat! The ending wasn't wrapped up neatly, leaving much to the reader to surmise. I would have liked a wedding!

(The reason I was so long finishing it was because I misplace it, had surgery, was in rehab for weeks, and couldn't find it when I returned home. Finally it "turned up" under a box of Kleenex! I started over again, and finished it in two days.) ( )
  FancyHorse | Sep 6, 2014 |
He was educated by life and bound to the land he loved. Then beautiful Angelina Foley came up from Texas with three thousand head of cattle, and outfit of hardcase gunfighters, and and old Spanish grant to Radigan's land. Radigan reasoned with them, stood up to them, and when they tried to drive him from his home he fought back, determined to make his enemies taste the bitterness of their greed, their stupidity...and their blood. ( )
  Hans.Michel | Sep 13, 2013 |
I have said elsewhere that I generally prefer L'Amour's short stories to his novels, but this is an exception, a novel I really like. ( )
  antiquary | Jun 11, 2013 |
The driving rain drew a sullen, metallic curtain across the fading afternoon, and beneath his horse's hoofs the earth was soggy with this rain and that of the rains that had gone before.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553280821, Mass Market Paperback)

When beautiful Angelina Foley presents Tom Radigan with a Spanish grant and claims ownership of his land, he realizes he’s up against a cunning and deadly opportunist. Foley wants him off Vache Creek immediately, and with three thousand head of cattle, an outfit of hardcase gunfighters, and winter coming on, she is unwilling to take no for an answer.

But Radigan has worked four hard years building up his ranch. Fighting for it–and, if he has to, killing for it–is something he is more than willing to do. If Angelina Foley and her men think he is the kind of man to give up without a fight, they are dead wrong.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:20 -0400)

When beautiful Angelina Foley presents Tom Radigan with a Spanish grant and claims ownership of his land, he realizes he's up against a cunning and deadly opportunist. Foley wants him off Vache Creek immediately, and with three thousand head of cattle, an outfit of hardcase gunfighters, and winter coming on, she is unwilling to take no for an answer. But Radigan has worked four hard years building up his ranch. Fighting for it--and, if he has to, killing for it--is something he is more than willing to do. If Angelina Foley and her men think he is the kind of man to give up without a fight, they are dead wrong.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,810,734 books! | Top bar: Always visible