Living the Resurrection: The Risen Christ in…

Living the Resurrection: The Risen Christ in Everyday Life (2006)

by Eugene H. Peterson

Eugene Peterson who is know for The Message paraphrase of the Bible takes on the subject of the Resurrection of Jesus and how it should effect our everyday lives.

This was a very Short book and I felt alittle rushed in spots like the author was trying to get alot of information into the book with a small amount of space. I had to reread a few passages because I really couldn't figure out where the author was trying to go to, but after I reread it I figured it out.

All that being said I felt that it was a very beneficial book and it made me look at the Resurrection in a whole new way.

The book is divided up into Three Sections: Resurrection Wonder, Resurrection Meals and Resurrection Friends. I personally got the most benefit out of the section Resurrection Wonder. The Author talks about how in our culture we need to get back the Wonder of The Resurrection and come at it like a child.

The Main thing I took away from this book was a quote from a little girl who was talking to her Grandmother. "Grandmother, let's not have any God talk okay? I believe that God is everywhere. Let's just get on with life." I think that we Christians do just that,h ave alot of God talk and don't get on with our lives.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from NavPress Publishers as part of their Blogger Review Program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commision's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." ( )
  detweilermom | Mar 29, 2010 |
The women, deep in wonder and full of joy, lost no time in leaving the tomb.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 157683929X, Hardcover)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:27 -0400)

Christ's friends were utterly transformed by His resurrection. Their friendship, their work, and even their meals together took on a new meaning and purpose. The same can happen to us today.Eugene Peterson, beloved pastor, scholar, and translator of The Message, takes you back to Jesus' time so you can experience the Resurrection through the eyes of biblical witnesses. You'll be a participant in the story, so its meaning and wonder can enliven your soul as never before.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,426,066 books! | Top bar: Always visible