Angels' Blood

Member:strange
Title:Angels' Blood
Authors:
Info:
Tags:urban fantasy, horror, angels, vampires

Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh

Recently added byLT_Ammar, private library, baystateRA, bell96, lowekel, TheYodamom
    Magic to the Bone by Devon Monk (TheBooknerd)
    Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (avalon_today)
    avalon_today: Both have sexy arrogant warrior winged beings. But one is more explicit than the other, can you guess?

English (74)  Italian (2)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (77)
Archagels rule the vampire world, Guild hunters take care of the problems the angels don't.. Ellie is a hunter, turned out by her family, hardened from life. She is assigned to work with an Archangel to solve a problem that will most likely lead to her death. He is sexy, beautiful and has little feelings for life. The conflicts of working together may be to much.. to many secerts.. to much danger from a killer Acrchangel and from the very one that hired her. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I loved this, and cant wait to read more in this series!! ( )
  JoBDo | Jan 2, 2016 |
Super Awesome Book!! I love love love Elena. She has such strength and depth as a character and there is much more than meets the eye in her case. She is fiercely loyal and empathetic towards just about everyone, because she tries not to judge based on appearances or first impressions. She has suffered enough of that from her father who has disowned her.
As for Raphael...let's not get into that. Let's just say that he has a VERY forceful, intense and domineering personality. That and he is the personification of hotness. Enough said.
The setting was wonderfully engaging. Modern day New York houses Angel Tower, home to one of the world's few archangels. The city's citizen are both in awe and fear of the harsh, brutal angel who has no mercy or patience for mortals, vampires or other angels. ( )
  bookharpy | Dec 15, 2015 |
I liked the world building and the characters were interesting without much navel gazing, but the wondrous angel cock I could have done without. ( )
  SnowCatMacDobhran | Nov 13, 2015 |
I also read this book a couple of months ago. I am currently trying to catch up on reviews. So sorry for the delay. On to the review!

I have been a fan of Ms. Singh's psy-changeling series for a very long time so I finally decided to read this book because of my serious love of that series. This is serious isn't as engrossing as that one in my opinion but it is still excellent in it's own right.

I love the strength of Elena, she is all about fight and I love that in my heroines. I also love the complete unapologetic ruthlessness of Raphael. He is completely comfortable being exactly who he is and the epitome of an alpha male. I enjoyed the sensual tension between these characters, they are both so strong and such fighters, it was so nice to watch them fight each other and their emotions.

The world this book is set in is interesting. It take the vampires/angels plots and moves them around enough to not be out of the genre but also enough to be new and fresh. I will continue on in this series. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |

Nalini Singhprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eyre, JustineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For the real Ashwini, who is definitely not all kinds of crazy (except when I drive her to it).  Best friends -- and sisters -- don't come any better than this.
When Elena told people she was a vampire hunter, their first reaction was an inevitable gasp, followed by, You go around sticking those sharp stakes in their evil purid hearts?

Nalini Singh introduces readers to a world of beauty and bloodlust, where angels hold sway over vampires.

Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux is hired by the dangerously beautiful Archangel Raphael. But this time, it's not a wayward vamp she has to track. It's an archangel gone bad.

The job will put Elena in the midst of a killing spree like no other - and pull her to the razor's edge of passion. Even if the hunt doesn't destroy her, succumbing to Raphael's seductive touch just may. For when archangels play, mortals break.
Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux knows she is the best - but she does not know if even she is good enough for this job. Hired by the dangerously beautiful archangel Raphael, a being so lethal that no mortal wants his attention, Elena knows failure is not an option - even if the task is impossible. Because this time, it's not a wayward vamp she has to track. It's an archangel gone bad.
The job will put Elena in the midst of a killing spree like no other - and pull her to the razor's edge of passion. Even if the hunt does not destroy her, succumbing to Raphael's seductive touch just might. For when archangels play, mortals break.

"Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux knows she is the best--but she does not know if even she is good enough for this job. Hired by the dangerously beautiful archangel Raphael, a being so lethal that no mortal wants his attention. Elena knows failure is not an option--even if the task is impossible. Because this time, it's not a wayward vamp she has to trick. It's an archangel gone bad. The job will put Elena in the midst of a killing spree like no other--and pull her to the razor's edge of passion..."--p.[4] of cover.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,143,120 books! | Top bar: Always visible