Princess of the Sword (The Nine Kingdoms,…

Princess of the Sword (The Nine Kingdoms, Book 3) (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Lynn Kurland

Member:RobynBachar
Title:Princess of the Sword (The Nine Kingdoms, Book 3)
Authors:Lynn Kurland
Info:Berkley Trade (2009), Edition: 0, Paperback, 368 pages
Tags:fantasy, romance, to-read

Princess of the Sword by Lynn Kurland (2009)

It must have annoyed me less this time. Too much silliness for the frequency of the uses of unwholesome and evil.
  quondame | Dec 28, 2017 |
I'm not sure quite what to say about this. On the one hand, definitely better than the second book in the series. I think that overall the three books should have been cut down and put together in one book. There are too many characters and interconnected histories to space them out into three books--at least not without more background in each one. For example, the characters in the first book that make up the traveling group (the standard dwarf, wizard, fighter, etc., etc.) should have been left back in book 1, not allowed to linger in aside mentions through to the end--these characters served no purpose and just added to the name confusion.

I also kept wondering why nobody went ahead and killed the bad guy. "I feel he still has a purpose to serve, so I must allow him to live." Ok, what? He's already been defeated once, left alone to become evil again, made a huge evil comeback, then he's just kinda sent away again? Make with the smackdown, already! And why was everybody so long-lived? All these people who are hundreds of years old and hugely powerful, and they couldn't have easily dealt with the problem? Yep, somewhat frustrating. Particularly since the woman who was so awesome in the first book becomes a big pansy as things progress. Too bad. ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |
Fiesty swordswoman Morgan and archmage Miach must unravel the right spell for Morgan to close the well of evil her late father, Gair, opened. The journey will take them face to face with evil mages and long-lost brothers in the fight between good and evil. A good read. ( )
  DebbieMcCauley | Apr 29, 2012 |
As the final book of the first Nine Kingdoms trilogy, Princess of the Sword has it all. Action, adventure, love, battles, tears, laughter, and a happily ever after. Morgan and Miach are now sure what it is they need to do. They need to fulfill their quest by stopping the evil that Morgan's father let loose on the world twenty years earlier. But to do that, Morgan must put her own life in jeopardy. This does not, of course, sit well with Miach. Trying desperately to protect Morgan while still stopping Gair's evil is a tough line for Miach to walk. But he knows that he has no choice. For his duty binds him to protecting the kingdom and his heart binds him to protecting Morgan.

This is a great conclusion to the trilogy. It has it all and it wraps up all the loose ends very well. I love the way the last fifth or so of the book really deals with the wrap up and the set up for the next trilogy. You will not walk away thinking that you have dedicated all this time to this story and left feeling unsatisfied wondering what happens next. Yes, the book has an epilogue, but it also gives you a clear cut conclusion. After three books, where some people had to wait years in between (gack! I couldn't imagine it!), it doesn't leave you wondering. And I love it for that.

Although I personally prefer the second of the two trilogies, this one is a wonderful, sweet, gentle story that you can't help but love. Everyone who I have recommended it to loved it! It is a book that I say makes me forget to care for the kids because I read it and get so absorbed in the story. And that is still true even though I have read it many times now! :) ( )
  aterry13 | Sep 11, 2011 |
I stayed up late last night to finish "Princess of the Sword". This is the final book of Lynn Kurland's fantasy trilogy about a land of magic, swords, and kings. While there's little outright romance depicted, the relationship of the two main characters deepens with each book and every challenge these two face.

Morgan and Miach are searching for the spell Morgan will need to close the well of evil her late father opened. But getting the spell they need will involve evil mages, long-lost brothers, and sacrifices. Morgan will need to reach deep inside herself for the courage to face her greatest fears and Miach will find himself face-to-face with his greatest enemy.

Bravo! Enjoyed every page and every trial these two underwent. And at the end, it was love that provided the extra courage and power both needed to win the day. ( )
  jjmachshev | Dec 28, 2008 |

Lynn Kurlandprimary authorall editionscalculated
Craig, DanCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

The fate of the kingdom of Neroche lies with a man and woman bound by love, magic, and a legendary--and perilous--sword.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,246,278 books! | Top bar: Always visible