The Concrete Blonde by Michael Connelly

The Concrete Blonde (1994)

by Michael Connelly

Series: Harry Bosch (3)

English (61)  Dutch (2)  Spanish (1)  All languages (64)
This was an intricate story with lots of twists and turns which holds your interest until the very end. I love the relationship between Harry and Sylvia. Bosch is such a complex character which makes the books very interesting and entertaining. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series. ( )
  eadieburke | Jan 19, 2016 |
Four years ago Harry Bosch killed the "Dollmaker" a serial killer who chose women indiscriminately and after killing them he applied makeup so the victims would have 'doll faces'. Now Harry is being prosecuted for this killing by the murderer's family who has retained Honey Chandler as their attorney and she is out to prove that Harry killed the wrong man. Harry begins to doubt himself when other murders come to light that were committed after the "Dollmaker's" death but have the same significant details. But these murders are focused on well-built blondes leading the police to believe that there is another killer.
I love Harry Bosch and this book did not disappoint. I only wonder how I missed reading this one previously. Great story ( )
  Ellen_R | Jan 15, 2016 |
3.5***

Book # 3 in the Harry Bosch series has Harry in federal court defending a civil suit. Four years prior he fatally shot a notorious serial killer – The Dollmaker. Now the family is suing for damages, claiming his civil rights were violated. Unfortunately for Harry’s case, on the first day of the trial a new note arrives for Harry, supposedly from the killer, and leading the police to another body. A blonde buried in a concrete slab certainly fits the profile of The Dollmaker killings. Could Harry have killed an innocent man? Is the killer really still at work?

This is a fast-paced, suspenseful read. Connelly keeps the reader (and Harry) on their toes, with multiple twists in the plot. He also gives us a little more of Harry’s personal life – his childhood experiences come to light during the trial, and how he deals with these secrets in his present-day life has an impact on his relationships. But the main focus is the mystery of the Dollmaker, and that is exactly what this genre requires. I was sure I had it figured out, and for a few pages there I felt victorious. I should have known better. Connelly is a master at surprising the reader and I definitely did NOT solve this one ahead of Harry.
  BookConcierge | Jan 13, 2016 |
5 stars. I loved it! I'm so happy the author took us back to revisit a crime that had such an impact on Harry's life. I thought it was GREAT! There were so many twists, turns and wonderful surprises. I loved it. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |

Michael Connellyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Montanari, GianniTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This is for
Susan, Paul and Jamie
Bob and Marlen, Ellen,
Jane and Damian
The house in Silverlake was dark, its windows as empty as a dead man's eyes.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 044661758X, Mass Market Paperback)

In this classic from a #1 "New York Times" bestselling author, Detective Harry Bosch thought he'd stopped the serial killer known as the Dollmaker. Now the dead man's widow is suing Harry and the LAPD for shooting the wrong man--an accusation that rings true when a new victim is discovered with the Dollmaker's macabre signature.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:53 -0400)

They called him the Dollmaker ... The serial killer who stalked Los Angeles and left a grisly calling card on the faces of his female victims. With a single faultless shot, Detective Harry Bosch thought he had ended the city's nightmare. Now, the dead man's widow is suing Harry and the LAPD for killing the wrong man - an accusation that rings terrifyingly true when a new victim is discovered with the Dollmaker's macabre signature. Now, for the second time, Harry must hunt down a death-dealer who is very much alive, before he strikes again. It's a blood-tracked quest that will take Harry from the hard edges of the L.A. night to the last place he ever wanted to go - the darkness of his own heart. With The Concrete Blonde, Edgar Award-winning author Michael Connelly has hit a whole new level in his career, creating a breathtaking thriller that thrusts you into a blistering courtroom battle - and a desperate search for a sadistic killer.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,140,573 books! | Top bar: Always visible