City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

City of Glass (2009)

by Cassandra Clare

Series: The Mortal Instruments (3), Shadowhunters (2.3)

English (242)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  Hungarian (1)  German (1)  All languages (247)
Everything is finally wrapped up in this third book. Unlike others I thought the pace was fine and had no real problems with the direction. It still had the sarcastic moments of levity that I love.

Things are concluded enough that I don't feel like rushing to the next book. I may save the last three until the sixth book comes out in 2014. I hate waiting for a book on a cliffhanger and i am sure if I continue now that is what I will end up doing. ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

Too funny I wish it had made it into the book! Then the Jace and Alec drama is definitely settled! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
MAGNU MAGNUS MAGNUS
MAGNUS BANEEEE!!!!ALEC ALEC
ALEC ALECCCC LIGHTWOODDDDDD!!!!

THEY'RE SO AWESOME AND SO
HOT HOT HOT!!! ( )
  Perco | Oct 11, 2014 |
Valentine is obsessed with ridding the world of Downworlders. With both the Mortal Cup and Sword in his possession, he only needs to find the Mirror to have everything in place for his evil plans. Knowing the Clave will want to exploit Clary’s new power, and that Valentine is aware of it too, Jace tries to keep her from coming to Idris with his family for Clave meetings. Read the rest of the review on my blog: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2014/06/10/city-of-glass-cassandra-clare... ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
City of Glass was so much better than the first two books. The first third was blah, the second third the action ramped up, then I got to page 369 - the revelation that implied a possible happy ending, I was glued to the book from then on.

***Major Spoilers Warning***

I really loved Alec and Magnus in this especially their public display of affection in the hall and Alec introducing Magnus to his parents - finally.

Loved Simon's joke about Sebastian and Jace that Clary was appalled at: “So technically,” Simon said, “even though Jace isn’t actually related to you, you have kissed your brother.” He always manages to sum everything up so well. Sebastian was certainly creepy. He knew Clary was his sister but he still tried to seduce her. Ick.

I also loved Raziel's line to Clary after he did some smiting of the arrogant and presumptuous Valentine: ‘That was the justice of heaven. I trust that you are not dismayed.’ Brilliant.

Oh and when Jace and Clary are sleeping hand in hand before the night before the battle - that was sweet and so were the many touching moments they had together.

Although I liked this book there were still some things that annoyed me. I wondered why Clary didn’t come up with a rune that meant “awake” to help her mother, or may be she tried and I missed that bit.

Clary was given plenty of clues as to what Jace was throughout the books most notably Ithurial’s vision of Jace with angel wings. I had an idea when the Inquisitor died for Jace in book two, she wouldn’t have done that if she thought he was evil. Plus his physical abilities that no other Shadowhunter seemed to have.

On top of that Clary knew there was something wrong with Sebastian but she didn’t question his interest in her until much later. Things like this made me quite impatient for Clary and the others to realise these truths.

This third book made reading the first two worth it. A brilliant end to the trilogy.

3.5 stars. ( )

Die ons weer uit de
hel voert naar het
licht.

John Milton, Het paradijs verloren
For my mother. "I only count the hours that shine."
The cold snap of the previous week was over; the sun was shining brightly as Clary hurried across Luke's dusty front yard, the hood of her jacket up to keep her hair from blowing across her face.

Still pursuing a cure for her mother's enchantment, Clary uses all her powers and ingenuity to get into Idris, the forbidden country of the secretive Shadowhunters, and to its capital, the City of Glass, where with the help of a newfound friend, Sebastian, she uncovers important truths about her family's past that will not only help save her mother but all those that she holds most dear.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,330,774 books! | Top bar: Always visible