City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

City of Glass (2009)

by Cassandra Clare

Series: The Mortal Instruments (3), Shadowhunters (2.3)

English (326)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  Hungarian (1)  German (1)  All (331)
This books was great. I love fantasy adventure stories. Vampires. Werewolves. Warlocks. Demons. Awesome.

The characters are easy to get attached too and I love being able to see everyone point of view. There is so much to follow and so many different things it just makes the story really great. All the details and twists and turns. It's the making of an epic story.

I really want this to be made into a movie. Like really really badly. ( )
  Shahnareads | Jun 21, 2017 |
I think this one might be my favourite so far, and honestly how do these books just keep better and better? There are moments when I think I might have it all figured out, but then it just catches me off-guard every time. What I love the most is that the characters never feel to be acting out of character, there is character development but they always feel like themselves, and everything that happens seems to be within the bounds of this world. If that makes sense.
Sebastian is such a great villain, he's very very entertaining and unpredictable, and different. I will probably miss Valentine, just because he was one of the most interesting villains I've ever read about, mainly because he wasn't just 'evil', I feel like Cassandra Clare somehow succeeded in making him a 'round' character that you can't help but get attached to. In a way.
I just hope nothing is going to happen to my favourite characters. Because that would be bad. ( )
  Banoczi_Henrietta | Jun 19, 2017 |
Out of the three in the trilogy, this is the one with the most interesting story, although it isn't nearly as clear as the first one (which wins as far as "best book in the trilogy" goes.) The storytelling tools used make things a little difficult to grasp - more difficult, I would say, than target audience would allow for. But all in all, this was a great one-day book to loose yourself in; the Shadowhunter world is really well developed, with great characters, even if it is a little cheesy and predictable while still being fairly confusing. ( )
  J9Plourde | Jun 13, 2017 |
Come il precedente libro di questa triologia posso dire senza mezzi termini di averlo letteralmente divorato in un solo giorno e di esserne rimasta assolutamente soddisfatta. Gli intrighi e le rivelazioni si sono susseguiti con velocità incalzante che non mi ha permesso di abbandonare questo libro nemmeno per un momento. In definitiva posso dichiararlo come il migliore della triade soprattutto per lo spessore dei personaggi. Disperazione, amore, gelosia, ira... nessuno di loro si è comportato MAI in modo scontato o prevedibile. Hanno agito di cuore, di istinto e svelando al lettore pagina dopo pagina una fitta rete di intrighi che, alla fine, costringerà il lettore a trattenere il fiato più di una volta. La protagonista, così assolutamente 'umana' è suo 'fratello' sono i personaggi meglio caratterizzati ma non posso non fare un'inchino alla Clare per il 'cattivo' . Assolutamente folle, meschino e manipolatore. Fino alla fine posso dire di non aver neanche lontanamente immaginato come si sarebbero svolti gli eventi anche se, lo ammetto, ho sperato fino in fondo in questo finale. Ora mi è stato regalato ed io non potrei essere più soddisfatta. ( )
  Nasreen44 | Jun 8, 2017 |
The third book of this book series is insanely good. I started reading this very relaxed and when I notice I'm sat on the bed either on the verge of tears or wanting to throw the book across the room with all the drama going on. This is by far the best out of the 3 books that I've read from The Mortal Instruments series. I would for sure read it all over again. ( )
  SofiaReis | Jun 7, 2017 |

Die ons weer uit de
hel voert naar het
licht.

John Milton, Het paradijs verloren
For my mother. "I only count the hours that shine."
The cold snap of the previous week was over; the sun was shining brightly as Clary hurried across Luke's dusty front yard, the hood of her jacket up to keep her hair from blowing across her face.

Still pursuing a cure for her mother's enchantment, Clary uses all her powers and ingenuity to get into Idris, the forbidden country of the secretive Shadowhunters, and to its capital, the City of Glass, where with the help of a newfound friend, Sebastian, she uncovers important truths about her family's past that will not only help save her mother but all those that she holds most dear.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,209,236 books! | Top bar: Always visible