City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

City of Glass (2009)

by Cassandra Clare

Series: The Mortal Instruments (3), Shadowhunters (2.3)

5,053None890 (4.27)170
Recently added byprivate library, Y2Ash, wakkobr, EmilyKM, rwatso, GenaVan, AprilAnn0814, ReadyMcBookerson
2009 (32) adventure (40) angels (70) Cassandra Clare (28) demons (142) ebook (33) faerie (42) family (26) fantasy (353) fiction (179) love (28) magic (71) Mortal Instruments (98) mortal instruments series (28) Nephilim (23) New York (26) paranormal (83) read (47) romance (103) series (88) shadowhunters (62) supernatural (79) teen (29) to-read (77) urban fantasy (135) vampires (206) werewolves (153) YA (167) young adult (238) young adult fiction (26)

English (217)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  Hungarian (1)  German (1)  All languages (222)
The story of Clary, Jace, and Simon, along with their amazingly unique cast of characters continues in City of Glass, the third book in The Mortal Instruments series. In this version, readers are treated to the answers to some of those secrets about Clary and Jace's past. Again, this was very well done and highly enjoyable. I'm definitely looking forward to reading the next installment in the series. ( )
  Stephanie_Keyes | Apr 3, 2014 |
Ok! Well I was reserving judgment until I could finish the series, and...I decided that I really liked it.

*******SPOILER BELOW********

I was very happy with the ending, and I did guess from almost the beginning that Jace was NOT Clary's brother. I was also pretty sure that I recognized the real brother when he showed up. All in all a pretty fun ride as far as stories go. ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |

*******SPOILER BELOW********

CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
This one was way better than the last!

Love love love the ending to this one. The beginning was a little slow with Jace and Clary not having much dialect but as soon as it started picking up I could put it down!

Jace and Clary had some very sweet moments and your heart really goes out to them.

She laced her fingers through his. "Good Night," she whispered. With their hands clasped together like children in a fairy tale, she fell asleep beside him in the dark.

Alec finally admits that he is gay (no spoiler needed there lol) and Simon just went way of on the appeal level with me....something about vampires....grrrr.

Plenty of Valentine in this one as well as Luke and the Clave....as well as someone that you really haven't got to meet yet ;).

I can't wait for the next one! ( )
  amydnoland | Mar 31, 2014 |
Originally posted @ Novel Reveries
The ending may be a bit predictable, but the book was way better than the second. There was a lot more action, interspersed with love rather than overwhelmed with it. The twists and turns this book takes ties in all of the character relations and developments from the previous two books seamlessly. The story line was fueled by determination, passion, war, and even unity as the Shadowhunters, Downworlders, Angels and Demons collide. ( )
  Dnaej | Mar 14, 2014 |
the best one yet

SPOILER ALERT

i knew jace wasnt clary's brother!!!!!!!! i knew it!!! i knew it!!! i knew it!!!!!! BTW if jace is in love with clary then is she the wrong person?! because Madame Dorthea said he would fall in love with the wrong person! (City of Bones) i cant wait until i read City of Lost Souls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
added by mordore | editme

Die ons weer uit de
hel voert naar het
licht.

John Milton, Het paradijs verloren
For my mother. "I only count the hours that shine."
The cold snap of the previous week was over; the sun was shining brightly as Clary hurried across Luke's dusty front yard, the hood of her jacket up to keep her hair from blowing across her face.

Still pursuing a cure for her mother's enchantment, Clary uses all her powers and ingenuity to get into Idris, the forbidden country of the secretive Shadowhunters, and to its capital, the City of Glass, where with the help of a newfound friend, Sebastian, she uncovers important truths about her family's past that will not only help save her mother but all those that she holds most dear.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,475,497 books! | Top bar: Always visible