City of Glass. Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 3…

City of Glass. Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 3 (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Cassandra Clare, Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)

Member:Yuki-Chan
Title:City of Glass. Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 3
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Other authors:Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)
Info:Arena (2009), Ausgabe: 1., Aufl., Gebundene Ausgabe, 728 Seiten

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (2009)

English (306)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  Hungarian (1)  German (1)  All languages (311)
better than the second book. ( )
  jodiesohl | Jun 25, 2016 |
This one actually gets a full 4 stars. The author did a good job of making me want to slap the hellfire out of Clary, Jace, Alec, and some others I'm sure.

On the mobile app again so, Spoilers Ahead:

This gave us an all-access pass into Valentine's head. And while he was a complete and total lunatic, he had real belief in what he was doing. Though the real Jonathan was a monster, I think as his father Valentine had some inkling of love for him. I believe it pained him when he learned that Jace had killed him. I also believe it pained him very much to kill Jace. You have to admire his conviction, his utter belief in his cause. Again he was a raging psychopath, but dedicated.

I almost felt sorry for him when the angel struck him down. Although I truly don't know what he expected. You kidnapped and tortured an angel for years and then you think to command the angel that made the nephilim?! And all for a very, very wrong and twisted cause. Yeah I don't know how he didn't see that coming, 'cause I sure did!

Clary flipping out on her mom bugged me. I think because she had so very nearly lost her, and she had defied everything and everyone just to get her back, you'd think she would have hugged her before giving her a verbal smack down. Kind of like when you're a kid and don't check in at home all day and when you finally stroll through the door, your mom totally hugs the life out of you before shaking the shit out of you and screaming about how worried she was. I think that should have been more her reaction, but whatever.

And don't even get me started about how disgusted I am about Clary and Jace not being blood siblings! I was really hoping this didn't go for the predictable, stereotypical ending. I was totally pulling for Simon! I also just wanted a romance that didn't turn out the way it was expected to...but there are a few more books so there could be a separation/break-up around the corner. Not that I don't want a happy ending or dislike them together. I was just hoping for something different, non-mainstream.

Oh well. Disappointed as I am, at least Luke got his girl! I'll check out the rest of the series. ( )
  PriPri77 | Jun 23, 2016 |

Out of the first three, this is the most action-heavy installment. It’s a nice wrap-up of the main story with Valentine as the villain and Clary the new shadow hunter, Jace, Alec, and Isabel fighting alongside Simon (who has new twists of his own.)

I really enjoyed some of the further exploration of side characters in this one, they seemed to hold more zest. The magic circle was interesting, although angering at times. I’m not gung-ho with some of Simon’s choices in dating, but he’s still a great guy to have around, especially considering all the changes he’s personally going through. Clary is an enjoyable heroine, although she doesn’t stand out as anything too special. Jace has humorous lines but is a bit too angst filled to be my favorite. Magnus is again brilliant (love the magician) and I couldn’t be happier about him and Alec, especially the giggle-inducing ending.

Valentine is an even more three-dimensional villain this time around as more sides are seen, and there’s a surprise I didn’t see coming with one of the new characters.

There is a heartbreaking scene I never saw coming – why do this? Why? So sad.

The writing is done well but some of the action scenes are too long, especially when told through Jace’s POV. Unlike the other two books, the page size fits the content well because there’s so much going on, but I grew bored with Jace’s POV and angst. The author seems inclined to head hop more as the sequels continue.

Overall I found the resolution and wrap-up excellent for the story. It fully feels complete to me. All things are wrapped up well and the story came to a big bang in order to wrap up in a realistic, creative manner. Well done. It’s an unusual story in that the side characters are more interesting than the two mains, but they all work together overall.
  Paperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!! That ending was all that I needed it to be and more! I could honestly stop the series right now and be happy! I doubt I really will, but I am so glad to see how things are finally ending up. It was such an emotional last two chapters, but wonderfully done! I was an emotional mess at time, but it was still perfect! ( )
  DanaBurkey | Apr 10, 2016 |
31/Dec/2009 This book is definitely great!! the chapter before the 2nd part was so intense and exciting in high degrees!! Without doubt, I am so looking forward to the 4th installment.

2/Jan/2010 I just finished the book and it was the ending I was hoping for, Happily ever after!! Amazing, I am so happy about how the author twisted everything and made it reasonable and answered every question the reader might ask. Great Book. I really want to read the next book. 2011 seems a very long way away! ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

Die ons weer uit de
hel voert naar het
licht.

John Milton, Het paradijs verloren
For my mother. "I only count the hours that shine."
The cold snap of the previous week was over; the sun was shining brightly as Clary hurried across Luke's dusty front yard, the hood of her jacket up to keep her hair from blowing across her face.

Still pursuing a cure for her mother's enchantment, Clary uses all her powers and ingenuity to get into Idris, the forbidden country of the secretive Shadowhunters, and to its capital, the City of Glass, where with the help of a newfound friend, Sebastian, she uncovers important truths about her family's past that will not only help save her mother but all those that she holds most dear.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,765,548 books! | Top bar: Always visible