City of Glass. Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 3…

City of Glass. Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 3 (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Cassandra Clare, Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)

Member:Yuki-Chan
Title:City of Glass. Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 3
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Other authors:Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)
Info:Arena (2009), Ausgabe: 1., Aufl., Gebundene Ausgabe, 728 Seiten

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (2009)

English (312)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  Hungarian (1)  German (1)  All (317)
This was definitely better than the preceding two, though the series still didn't wow me. ( )
  Heather_Brock | Nov 23, 2016 |
Full review up on the blog !!

My favorite of the series so far. Proper review to come once I pick all my feelings up off the floor. ( )
  leahlo89 | Nov 2, 2016 |
It's very entertaining. I'm still a pretty big fan of the series and the world overall, but a lot of it steadily gets more and more ridiculous. The romance, for instance, and all the tortured souls and people in internal agony. It doesn't help that the ending is so sappy. It's basically a giant soap opera but with a lot of wars and stuff.

But it's still entertaining. I enjoy it. It's definitely one of the better urban fantasy YA series, that's for sure. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Oct 27, 2016 |
Best book in the series so far. Action, suspense, intrigue, twists, & turns. Good character, plot, & storyline development. ( )
  SBShepherd | Oct 16, 2016 |
Background: Clary and crew are planning to travel to the City of Glass to save her mother. Jace plots to leave Clary behind, making her illegally enter the city and getting Simon into a mess of trouble with the Shadowhunters. The Clave is trying to decide what to do about the Valentine situation that is on their heels and Clary and Jace learn about their pasts.

Review: I really liked this story line especially because of the Clary/ Jace developments, but I thought this was also the last book of a trilogy and I was misinformed. I think that the story line could have ended where it is. Again Clare uses the word incredulous all the time and it is bothersome, but there is also a lot less action in this book. They talk A LOT, and then once the action and war began the book was about over... I don't like when there is that much build up to a rather disappointing end.
I loved how Clare told us the pasts of Jace/Clary/Sebastian and how they were all linked together but I also felt like there were some wholes that I couldn't quite put a finger on.

I am interested to read the next installment to see how the story progresses further, since I believe this could have been the end... ( )
  sszkutak | Sep 28, 2016 |

Die ons weer uit de
hel voert naar het
licht.

John Milton, Het paradijs verloren
For my mother. "I only count the hours that shine."
The cold snap of the previous week was over; the sun was shining brightly as Clary hurried across Luke's dusty front yard, the hood of her jacket up to keep her hair from blowing across her face.

Still pursuing a cure for her mother's enchantment, Clary uses all her powers and ingenuity to get into Idris, the forbidden country of the secretive Shadowhunters, and to its capital, the City of Glass, where with the help of a newfound friend, Sebastian, she uncovers important truths about her family's past that will not only help save her mother but all those that she holds most dear.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,773,711 books! | Top bar: Always visible