City of Glass. Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 3…

City of Glass. Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 3 (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Cassandra Clare, Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)

Title:City of Glass. Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 3
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Other authors:Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)
Info:Arena (2009), Ausgabe: 1., Aufl., Gebundene Ausgabe, 728 Seiten

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (2009)

English (254)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  Hungarian (1)  German (1)  All languages (259)
To save her mother, Clary travels to the City of Glass, the traditional home of Shadowhunters. But Valentine’s not done screwing with her life in his bid to control the world. I’m actually writing this review from the vantage point of mid-way through book 5, but this series is frustrating. I’m enjoying it -- a lot -- and the tension is high -- but it feels like the actual plot is subsumed by the romance sub-plot more often than not. And I mean, I’ve barely done *anything* but read this series since starting it last week. I don’t think I’m going to write separate reviews. But seriously -- Clary and Jace need to be cut a break at SOME point. Gah. ( )
  lyrrael | Sep 3, 2015 |
"At least we got to the book where evil confronts good and I must say that it was worth the waiting. Sometimes I can be really skeptical about women writing action scenes properly, but Clare managed to write the final chapter of what I call ""The Valentine Arc"" beautifully. In this book, Shadowhunters and Downworlders have to put their differences aside in order to survive a greater foe. Also, supposed friends are introduced and then found to be tools working for the forces of evil, wrecking havoc in the lives of the good guys.

At the end, Clare again uses her immense creativity to form unlikely alliances between the most unthinkable folks in order to battle against Valentine, which leads to some incredible story development. All things considered, I really enjoyed this book and I think it ends in a perfect way - this could very well be the end to the whole series, to be honest. In my opinion, the next few books are completely unnecessary; the whole thing could have ended perfectly with City of Glass, but that is subject for another review.

Interesting quotes that I didn't include in the review:
People aren't born good or bad. Maybe they're born with tendencies either way, but its the way you live your life that matters.

The Last Passage
You couldn’t erase everything that caused you pain with its recollection. She didn’t want to forget Max or Madeleine, or Hodge, or the Inquisitor, or even Sebastian. Every memory was valuable; even the bad ones. Valentine had wanted to forget: to forget that the world had to change, and Shadowhunters had to change with it—to forget that Downworlders had souls, and all souls mattered to the fabric of the world. He had wanted to think only of what made Shadowhunters different from Down worlders. But what had been his undoing had been the way in which they were all the same.
“Clary,” Jace said, breaking her out of her reverie. He tightened his arms around her, and she raised her head; the crowd was cheering as the first of the rockets went up. “Look.”
She looked as the fireworks exploded in a shower of sparks—sparks that painted the clouds overhead as they fell, one by one, in streaking lines of golden fire, like angels falling from the sky.
" ( )
  AdemilsonM | Sep 2, 2015 |
Such a good closure, but such a great cliffhanger. I consider this would be a great ending for The Mortal Instruments Series. It is so great and so hard to put down! ( )
  jayelaglez | Aug 2, 2015 |
A primeira metade é muito lenta enquanto a segunda metade é avassaladora. No global são 3 livros de leitura apetecível com uma mistura interessante de shadowhunters (lutadores de demónios) e a personagem q deseja q eles sejam todo poderosos e os q descobrem q são seus filhos. Um toque de Harry Potter com um ambiente algo diferente e constroí-se um enredo de sucesso q passa ao cinema rápidamente. ( )
  bruc79 | Jul 31, 2015 |
I almost completely hate the Mortal Instruments. The only thing that single-handedly saved this book was the Jace/Sebastian/Valentine situation. I actually became interested in the series at that point. That is the reason for the second star, otherwise I'd give it a one star. That is IT, though. I've had it with this series. I don't know if I can handle City of Fallen Angels and beyond. I like the Infernal Devices, though. Clockwork Prince was kind of really crappy, though. Ugh. Whatever, I'm done. ( )
  KillerCorp | Jul 27, 2015 |

Moeizaam is de weg
Die ons weer uit de
hel voert naar het

John Milton, Het paradijs verloren
For my mother. "I only count the hours that shine."
The cold snap of the previous week was over; the sun was shining brightly as Clary hurried across Luke's dusty front yard, the hood of her jacket up to keep her hair from blowing across her face.

Still pursuing a cure for her mother's enchantment, Clary uses all her powers and ingenuity to get into Idris, the forbidden country of the secretive Shadowhunters, and to its capital, the City of Glass, where with the help of a newfound friend, Sebastian, she uncovers important truths about her family's past that will not only help save her mother but all those that she holds most dear.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,716,607 books! | Top bar: Always visible