City of Glass. Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 3…

City of Glass. Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 3 (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Cassandra Clare, Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)

Member:Yuki-Chan
Title:City of Glass. Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 3
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Other authors:Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)
Info:Arena (2009), Ausgabe: 1., Aufl., Gebundene Ausgabe, 728 Seiten

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (2009)

English (267)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  Hungarian (1)  German (1)  All languages (272)
It was extremely great i seriously love this series and it just keeps getting better an more exciting the closer to the end you reach. ( )
  Shazarah | Feb 6, 2016 |
Clary and Jace, it had to be resolved somehow. The climatic battle scene I was expecting never happened. Slightly predictable but diverting enough. ( )
  Laurochka | Feb 6, 2016 |
My biggest problem with Clare is that she doesn't do detail well, I have no idea how much time was suppose to have past. I feel like she continues to use the same tools to make things happen or to explain things. Someone just magically shows up in time to fill in some story real quick.
I realize she's well know for her fanfiction so I get that's where she started but these book read like fanfiction everything is rush rush rush one dramatic moment to the next without any real downtime. I want to know the characters I want to really care about them. By book three I am starting to like them all a bit more but I don't know I she's gotten better at writing them or if it's just because it's book three...
To me these are quick somewhat interesting books that I've enjoyed reading but I'm glad to say I borrowed them from a friend instead of buying my own set.
  SamCanesi | Feb 6, 2016 |

Originally posted here

This is the action packed third instalment in The Mortal Instruments series and it is in my opinion the best so far.

The setting changes from the U.S to Idris, the Shadowhunter country nestled in Europe. A change of scenery at this point in the series is just what the doctor ordered and the atmosphere is a lot more, 'old-world' and picturesque which suits this story.

There are quite a few romantic scenes between Jace and Clary and I really felt for their forbidden love, it just felt so natural for them to be together and I am glad they resolved their relationship by the end of the book.

There are so many twists, turns and shocks, it's hard to fully communicate my love for the unfolding story in City of Glass without spoiling anything. It is great to be introduced to some fresh faces as well as revisit characters that haven't been seen since the first book. There are some tear-jerking moments, a few deaths - this book is really the instalment that really made me emotionally invested in the Shadowhunter world and everyone in it.

There are some epic battles in City of Glass and usually too much of that is boring to me but this time I really enjoyed it. A lot of angel, demon and Shadowhunter lore is explored, we learn a lot more about Valentine and the original members of the Circle. I would recommend City of Glass highly, especially if you have read the first two books and weren't too sure about the series. ( )
  4everfanatical | Feb 5, 2016 |
I really ended up loving this series, despite the fact that parts of the drama were predictable to me. This final installment is action-packed and a satisfying conclusion to the series. We finally get a glimpse into Alicante and the homeworld of the Shadowhunters, which is illuminating.

I really hope Clare keeps writing, I would love to see the next world she comes up with.

***SPOILERS!!!****

My only slight beef is I would have loved to see a few more romantic scenes between Jace and Clary once the whole cat is out of the bag - I felt like the payoff was a little weak for all that angst. But, I guess it's YA so we can't hope for too much. ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |

Die ons weer uit de
hel voert naar het
licht.

John Milton, Het paradijs verloren
For my mother. "I only count the hours that shine."
The cold snap of the previous week was over; the sun was shining brightly as Clary hurried across Luke's dusty front yard, the hood of her jacket up to keep her hair from blowing across her face.

Still pursuing a cure for her mother's enchantment, Clary uses all her powers and ingenuity to get into Idris, the forbidden country of the secretive Shadowhunters, and to its capital, the City of Glass, where with the help of a newfound friend, Sebastian, she uncovers important truths about her family's past that will not only help save her mother but all those that she holds most dear.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,042,514 books! | Top bar: Always visible