City of Glass. Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 3…

City of Glass. Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 3 (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Cassandra Clare, Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)

Member:Yuki-Chan
Title:City of Glass. Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 3
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Other authors:Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)
Info:Arena (2009), Ausgabe: 1., Aufl., Gebundene Ausgabe, 728 Seiten

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (2009)

Recently added byLeah422, slipd, _giulia, Tatianna6699, davidt50, davidgn, jmiserak, Krystal216, private library

English (252)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  Hungarian (1)  German (1)  All languages (257)
Such a good closure, but such a great cliffhanger. I consider this would be a great ending for The Mortal Instruments Series. It is so great and so hard to put down! ( )
  jayelaglez | Aug 2, 2015 |
A primeira metade é muito lenta enquanto a segunda metade é avassaladora. No global são 3 livros de leitura apetecível com uma mistura interessante de shadowhunters (lutadores de demónios) e a personagem q deseja q eles sejam todo poderosos e os q descobrem q são seus filhos. Um toque de Harry Potter com um ambiente algo diferente e constroí-se um enredo de sucesso q passa ao cinema rápidamente. ( )
  bruc79 | Jul 31, 2015 |
I almost completely hate the Mortal Instruments. The only thing that single-handedly saved this book was the Jace/Sebastian/Valentine situation. I actually became interested in the series at that point. That is the reason for the second star, otherwise I'd give it a one star. That is IT, though. I've had it with this series. I don't know if I can handle City of Fallen Angels and beyond. I like the Infernal Devices, though. Clockwork Prince was kind of really crappy, though. Ugh. Whatever, I'm done. ( )
  KillerCorp | Jul 27, 2015 |
Further adventures of Clary and Jace, teenage lovers and heroes, but I'm not sure if I will continue reading the series. ( )
  joeydag | Jul 23, 2015 |
The Mortal Instruments series is a series where each book is better than the last. City of Glass was the best book of the series, by a long shot, and I loved it!

The action reaches the ultimate climax in this book; relationships push the boundaries, the plot becomes more in depth. Its just amazing. I was able to figure out who Sebastian was but I wouldn't make that call the book predictable. You just really have to pay attention to all the fine little details. As for Jace and Clary...I knew it from book one. Just sayin!

The plot has to be one of the best I've read. Valentine isn't the ultimate bad guy of all stories, but he is pretty bad...why? Because he doesn't even see it. It's the shaping of the characters that Cassandra Clare did that made him (and everyone else) so...enjoyable, for the lack of a better term.

This book definitely rivals some of my all time favourites, and I'd proudly put it on my shelf next to my Harry Potters. So, that being said (And I tried really hard not to give too much away. It's just SO hard not to, because I love this book so much.), I really enjoyed reading the third book of The Mortal Instruments series and I can't wait to get my hands on the fourth.
  SpazzyDragon13 | Jul 7, 2015 |

Die ons weer uit de
hel voert naar het
licht.

John Milton, Het paradijs verloren
For my mother. "I only count the hours that shine."
The cold snap of the previous week was over; the sun was shining brightly as Clary hurried across Luke's dusty front yard, the hood of her jacket up to keep her hair from blowing across her face.

Still pursuing a cure for her mother's enchantment, Clary uses all her powers and ingenuity to get into Idris, the forbidden country of the secretive Shadowhunters, and to its capital, the City of Glass, where with the help of a newfound friend, Sebastian, she uncovers important truths about her family's past that will not only help save her mother but all those that she holds most dear.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,024,466 books! | Top bar: Always visible