Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Valge Hundi saatus : [legend Mustast Mogast]…

Valge Hundi saatus : [legend Mustast Mogast] (edition 2000)

by Michael Moorcock, Eva Luts (Tkija), Leiger Luts (Toimetaja), Mart Kont (Kujundaja)

Member:Moonika
Title:Valge Hundi saatus : [legend Mustast Mogast]
Authors:Michael Moorcock
Other authors:Eva Luts (Tkija), Leiger Luts (Toimetaja), Mart Kont (Kujundaja)
Info:[Tartu] : Fantaasia, [2000]
Rating:***

The Weird of the White Wolf by Michael Moorcock

English (13)  French (2)  All languages (15)
Another fantastically melancholic set of stories.

And Elric gets another depressing soubriquet as he ends up killing his cousin love, abandoning one woman and leading on and abandoning another.

We meet Moonglum and another encounter with Arioch.

What an awesome world Moorcock has created. A world on the crux of ruin between Law & Chaos, in flux between massive powers of humanity.

The Elric Saga intrigued and drew me on as a teenager and now as a 30 man, it still keeps my interest. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
This series is gradually growing on me. It is very enjoyable to have a main character who isn't actually a hero"; Elric is interesting but not likeable, which is a nice change from the norm." ( )
  Darth-Heather | May 31, 2016 |
Oh, Elric. Do thou not knoweth? One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

And congratulations Mr. Moorcock. You managed to reduce Elric to whiny, spineless, predictable, pathetic wimp (and no, putting your tongue into every single female that says 'Hi' does not change that).

So many good ideas, all gone to waste. ( )
  UnChatNoir | Apr 25, 2013 |
This is an old favorite, and it hasn't lost any of its charm. The three novellas here are "The Dreaming City", "While the Gods Laugh", and "The Singing Citadel".

All enjoyable, but "The Dreaming City" stands out, way out. This was where Elric first appeared in 1961, and everything else came from that. This story alone rates 5-stars. It has all of the tragic punch of the Elric saga and the story flow is fantastic.

The other two stories are very good too, coming in a 4-stars each. They tell of some of the early events of Elric's post-Immyr travels, including his first meeting with his companion Moonglum.

All in all, a great sword and sorcery adventure that can be soaked up in just a few fun hours. ( )
1 vote Texas_Reaver | Mar 31, 2013 |

Moorcock, Michaelprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gould, RobertCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sabaté, HernánTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Whelan, MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the memory of Ted Carnell, editor of New Worlds and of Science Fantasy,who published all the early Elric stories and and whose suggestion I first began to write the series. A kind and generous man who gave me much encouragment in my early years and without whom these stories would never have been written.
From the glassless window of the stone tower it was possible to see the wide river winding off between loose, brown banks, through the heaped terrain of solid green copses which blended very gradually into the mass of the forest proper.

AN UNHOLY ALLIANCE BETWEEN SWORD AND SWORDSMAN...

"We must be bound to one another, then. Bound by hell-forged chains and fate-haunted circumstance. Well, then - let it be thus so - and men will have cause to tremble and flee when they hear the names of Elric of Melniboné and Stormbringer, his sword. We are two of a kind -produced by an age which has deserted us. Let us give this age cause to hate us..."

Imrryr, the dreaming city;  Yyrkoon, the hatred usurper; Cymoril, the beloved - all had fallen to the fury and unearthly power of the albino prince and his terrible sword. And Elric faced at last the fate that was to be his in this haunted era: that he must go forth, sword and man as one, and havoc and horror would be forever at his forefront until he found the Purpose tag was as yet obscured to him...

THE WEIRD of THE WHITE WOLF is the authorised, revised and complete novel of the third book of Elric.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,486,524 books! | Top bar: Always visible