Things That Are (Things Not Seen) by Andrew…

Things That Are (Things Not Seen) (edition 2008)

by Andrew Clements

Member:donleytutoring
Title:Things That Are (Things Not Seen)
Authors:Andrew Clements
Info:Philomel (2008), Hardcover, 176 pages

Things That Are by Andrew Clements

BRCSBooks | Nov 18, 2011 |
Clements writes the female perspective very well. ( )
  danamrobinson | Oct 4, 2011 |
Fairly good teen book on CD-I probably wouldn't "read" teen books except they shelve the CDs wtih the adult ones. This looked good and a quick read. Really not as cloak and dagger as I thought it might be, and somewhat of a teen romance type. It is told in first person by Alicia, a blind girl, who has feelings for her friend, Bobby, whom she met when he was invisible. ( )
  eliorajoy | Apr 28, 2011 |
The blind girl, Alicia, and Bobby are threatened by an invisible man named William, who wants Bobby and Alicia to help him be normal again. The police gets involved, who thinks that William is a threat to global security. Alicia does not know what to do, because the FBI is after them, so they can get William. Alicia and Bobby do not know what to do... ( )
  adamjohn | Jan 3, 2011 |
Things That Are was actually told from Alicia's point of view which was extremely interesting and educational. Hearing Alicia's own take on her blindness and how she deals with it in daily life was very enlightening. The author even managed to incorporate the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (2004) for us future teachers out there.

I read this book in one sitting, in approximately 2.5ish hours. It was an easy read, and Alicia's unique perspective keeps readers turning the pages. I kept feeling like I was missing something, huh, maybe because I overlooked the second book. I was glad that I read this book so close to reading Things Not Seen though because the characters were fresh in my mind. Things That Are picks up as Bobby returns from New York where he has been auditioning at several music schools (which is detailed in Things Hoped For). William, an invisible man Bobby met in New York has followed him home and to Alicia.

Alicia and Bobby put their complicated relationship on hold to deal with William and the FBI agents who are following them. Alicia learns a great deal about some research her father has been doing, as well as the leaps and bounds her mother has made when it comes to accepting her relationship with Bobby. This novel only spanned a few days and many questions regarding the future of Alicia and Bobby's relationship were left unanswered, I'm hoping for another book!

I enjoyed Things That Are, but it didn't quite have the urgency that Things Not Seen did. I am going to read Things Hoped For and see if maybe that will change my perspective on this novel. ( )
  MssJos | Feb 17, 2009 |

Alicia may be blind, but that doesn?t mean she can?t see what?s happening right in front of her eyes. Like how her parents try to give her freedom. Or how Bobby?now Robert?has returned to figure out their relationship. Or even the invisible man, William, and just how dangerous he is to Alicia, to Robert, to their whole family?or so the police say. Or is Alicia wrong this time? If her normally sharp instincts are wrong, the results could be disastrous.

From award-winning author Andrew Clements, here is a novel full of adventure, romance, and mystery, which at its heart is about trusting?even things we know but cannot see.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:20:22 -0400)

Still adjusting to being blind, Alicia must outwit an invisible man who is putting her family and her boyfriend, who was once invisible himself, in danger.

23 wanted1 pay1 pay

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,618,095 books! | Top bar: Always visible