The French Gardener by Santa Montefiore

The French Gardener (2009)

by Santa Montefiore

English (7)  Dutch (4)  All (11)
Review to come...... ( )
  Veronica.Sparrow | Nov 15, 2015 |
Review to come...... ( )
  Veronica.Sparrow | Nov 15, 2015 |
An enjoyable read.
  Annabel1954 | May 13, 2014 |
I wish I hadn't bothered with this book. The plot is twaddle, but worse is the clumsy writing - ... he said, ... she said, ...he chuckled, ...she said, chuckling, .. he said with a chuckle, ...he chortled. ( )
  janglen | Mar 22, 2013 |
In all of the years that I have been an avid reader, there was only one book that bewitched me, until I read The French Gardener. It's been days since I have finished The French Gardener and I can't quit thinking about the characters. I haven't even been able to start a new book, partly because I don't want any other story to take it's place, and partly because I believe any other story is going to pale in comparison. It's going to be a while before I "get over it" and that's fine with me :) This book unfolds so beautifully....Jean Paul and Ava will steal your heart away. Santa Montefiore draws you into the garden and the lives of each character in a soft, cozy & comfortable way...before you know it, she has woven a spell around you and you become part of the family. It's simply Pure Magic!!! ps...the other book that bewitched me was....The Thornbirds...many years ago ;) ( )
  dksthomson | Sep 5, 2011 |

Montefiore, Santaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rijsewijk, Erica vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my sister-in-law Sarah, with love.
It was nearly dusk when she reached the cottage, a cardboard box held tightly against her chest.

A neglected garden. A cottage that holds a secret. A mysterious Frenchman (handsome, naturally). A family in need of some love. These elements are entwined in this heartwarming novel by the author reviewers consistently compare to Maeve Binchy and Rosamunde Pilcher.

It begins as Miranda and David Claybourne move into a country house with a once beautiful garden. But reality turns out to be very different from their dream. Soon the latent unhappiness in the family begins to come to the surface, isolating each famlily member in a bubble of resentment and loneliness.

Then an enigmatic Frenchman arrives on their doorstep. With the wisdom of nature, he slowly begins to heal the past and the present. But who is he? WHen Miranda reads about his past in a diary she finds in the cottage by the garden, the whole family learns that a garden, like love itself, can restore the human spirit, not just season after season, but generation after generation.

Leaving London to move into a beautiful house in the country, Miranda and David find their marriage succumbing to long-standing conflicts until a mysterious Frenchman arrives to tend their garden, bringing with him a healing energy that is drawn from nature.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,240,668 books! | Top bar: Always visible