Heaven Can't Wait by Pamela Clare

Heaven Can't Wait

by Pamela Clare

Series: I-Team (1.5)

Lissy and Will are two weeks away from their wedding. They're blissfully happy until her mother calls, filling Lissy's head with doubt about the upcoming nuptials. Lissy begins to wonder whether really great sex could be mistaken for love. She knows deep down that they're deeply in love, however she feels the need to prove a point, and thus the bet is born. Will and Lissy will abstain from sex until their wedding, to heighten the anticipation and to focus more on the simple things in a relationship without the physical aspect distracting them. Surely they can last two miserable weeks, right? Right.

Hilarity ensues when they just barely make it the first night in, and Will succumbs to peer pressure from his friends to cheat a little – playing football in the park - shirtless, taunting Lissy with sexy words during Scrabble, parading around the apartment naked and sabotaging her vibrator.

She reached back up and removed the cover with a quiet click.

Nine volt.

Nine volt! The damned thing took nine-volt batteries!

"Lissy, what in the hell are you doing?"

Not to be outdone, she intends to beat him at his own game.

"It's more than that! She struts naked into the bedroom while I'm still in bed. She rubs skin cream over her entire naked body like she's making love to herself. She takes extra time on all the best parts, especially her ass. I'm telling you, she greases that thing so well she could put it on the grill!"

It's all fun and games until a few days before the wedding and her mother shows up out of the blue. A day before the wedding things come to a head with a bang. Literally.

Normally I don't expect much from novellas because they're usually so short and have so much crammed into them that it feels rushed. Not the case with Pamela Clare. She managed to fill these few pages with laugh out loud humor, sex so hot (I'm still drooling over Will) it would make your eReader steam up, and emotional drama that just makes you want to cry and cheer and cry some more.

If you haven't read the I-Team series yet, you have no idea what you are missing!

MsRomanticReads | Apr 12, 2013 |
An amusing little e-only story about Lissy and Will which takes place after book 1 of the series. The characters don't appear much in subsequent books though. The story follows the 2 weeks prior to Lissy & Will's wedding where, on a bet, born from fears planted by Lissy's not-very-nice mother, they abstain from sex. Enjoyable enough but not earth-shaking or anything. ( )
  Kaetrin | Aug 13, 2012 |
What a HOT, different short story. OMG my nauti kindle was smoking with the first paragraph of the story. When Lissy met Will she couldn't stand him, one day fate or clumsiness intervenes and they end up having hot monkey sex all night, they fell in love quickly after that. This book takes place 2 weeks before their wedding. Lissy decides they need to wait to have sex again until their wedding night. Because their sex life is so explosive, they place a bet on who is going to cave first. The teasing and attempts at seduction by Will and then Lissy are hot and the internal dialogue that goes through each of their brains is quite funny. At one point I was sending mental vibes to Lissy, to just give in =) I thought it was going to be just a fun read, but it turned out being a HOT, SEXY, FUN read with strong emotions. I LOVED the ending and LOVE Will and Lissy together. This novella comes between Extreme Exposure and Hard Evidence, amazon has it as I-Team 2.5 but it is actually I-Team 1.5 ( )
  guiltypleasures | Jan 23, 2012 |
  guiltypleasures | Jan 22, 2012 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,061,317 books! | Top bar: Always visible