X Omnibus Volume 1 (v. 1) by Steven Grant

X Omnibus Volume 1 (v. 1)

by Steven Grant

811,035,133 (1.5)None

I'd never heard of this comic before, and after reading the synopsis on Amazon, it sounded like something that I would like. When I started reading it, however, I quickly discovered that I was wrong.

My main problem is the character of X. His costume is more than a little weird, but I can look past that with a good, solid story. The only problem was - there wasn't one. X kills people and no one knows why. Heck, I don't think X even knows why. He just kills a lot of people for breaking his rules - but he never explains what those rules are (to the reader or to the people he is in the process of killing). I found him to be incredibly boring.

I think that most of this disconnect is caused by the lack of insight into the character. The reader is given precious few glimpses of what motivates him, and they aren't explained. X has no thought bubbles, no journal, nothing but his spoken words to express why he's doing what he's doing - and the guy isn't much of a talker. ( )
  schatzi | Sep 12, 2009 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,224,738 books! | Top bar: Always visible