Pizza on the Grill: 100 Feisty Fire-Roasted…

Pizza on the Grill: 100 Feisty Fire-Roasted Recipes for Pizza & More

by Elizabeth Karmel

413279,442 (4)None

“Welcome to the church of grilled pizza.” That is how this guide to smoky, crispy, chewy pizza begins and it worth the worship time. There is a secret, and after making “squillion" pizzas they found the perfect formula of recipe, direct and indirect heat to turn you into a pizza minion. Short cuts for those short on time are a bonus. Nothing fancy, nothing expensive, just a backyard grill and their tried and perfected technique and, Tah Dah ! You are the pizza grill master on your block. Pizza is the greatest food on earth, why not make the best.
The recipes are varied and updated to the desires of eaters with gluten free, vegetarian, pescatarian, and of course carnivore recipes. Simple recipes with clear steps and directions make it very easy to delve into new recipes. They added more help for those of us who enjoy a visual lesson, step by step photos !
I have been grilling my pizzas for years. I ruined more crusts, more pizzas than I’m willing to admit. Finally, I thought I had finally mastered it. Everyone did eat it so it must have been good, right ? I saw this book and thought I’d take a look at these want to be pizza grillers ideas. I read it front to back then fired up the grill and went for the Blistered Corn, Asparagus & Pesto Pizza, dang it, there it was, perfection on a crust. I went on to try more recipes, all mouthwatering delicious. The book is generous with 61 recipes with twist suggestions which should keep me busy for a while. There are even offered ideas on drink combinations. Where was this book 15 years ago when I started grilling my pizzas ?
Need pre-pizza nibbles ? Ideas for snacks and salads is included as well as what to avoid so you don’t ruin the eaters appetite for the main course.
What to do after the main meal ? How about a nice dessert pizza ? Yes, I said dessert pizza. We made the Very Berry Pizza and there was not a piece left ont he platter.
Everything you need to know, every recipe, very tip and trick is here. Start out at the top of the grill master club with this book you will not be sorry. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I received this book as a PDF from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Not a bad cookbook at all! Lots of recipes, and most importantly, great instructions on proper grilling of the pizza crusts and how to prevent burning (indirect heat, of course). I tried a couple of the recipes, and had a couple of friends try a few others, and all were good to very good. It'll take much longer to do a complete review of all the recipes, more time than I have to review the book.

I also appreciate the chapter/section with the gluten-free recipes. While I am not gluten-sensitive myself, I have a lot of friends that are, and being able to cook for them is a bonus.

I'd recommend this to anyone that enjoys a culinary challenge and those who love pizza! ( )
  ssimon2000 | Jul 17, 2014 |
Is there a need for this book?

It never occurred to me that an experienced cook would need a book to figure out how to cook a pizza on a grill, but Ms Karmel and Mr. Blumer report that their earlier book was a great success. Good for them. But why the expansion? The Internet, including Weber Grill's own site, has loads of recipes for pizza on the grill that spending money on a book seems extravagant. The recipes in this book sound good, and their exploration of gluten-free crusts is useful, but there are plenty of free resources for similar information.

I received a review copy of Pizza on the Grill: 100 Feisty Fire-Roasted Recipes for Pizza & More by Elizabeth Karmel and Bob Blumer (Taunton) through NetGalley.com. ( )
  Dokfintong | Jun 30, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,089,255 books! | Top bar: Always visible