Gobble It Up! A Fun Song About Eating! by…

Gobble It Up! A Fun Song About Eating!

by Jim Arnosky

Gobble it Up is about animals that eat other animals to survive. Once they are done eating they have to go hunt for more food to survive. It is a book you can sing to!
  cjs048 | Feb 18, 2011 |
Arnosky is an illustrator/songwriter fully within the folk artist tradition; he has written and illustrated many fascinating books about nature and folk crafts. In his performances, his songs have a folksy feel but clearly reflect the realities of nature. ( )
  JoseDelAguila | Apr 26, 2010 |
This book is used to make reading fun. The author has made a song that you can sing with the words on the pages of the book. In this book you see what other animals have to eat to survive. It shows children what animals like to eat and why they need to eat them. I would use this book along with a C.D. of the music and flip through the pictures while the music plays. I think this would be fun for the students. I would use this only for kindergarten and 1st grade. ( )
  bspentecost | Oct 21, 2009 |
This is a great book about eating. The book comes with a cd that children would love to sing. The book is all about things to eat and has a cathcy tune that children would enjoy and learn quick. The book tells about animals that children might not be familar with. Listed on each page is what the animal may eat and how they hunt for it. I think this is a good book because children would simply catch on to the book. This is a good way to tie music, science, and reading all together in the classroom. I would use this book for children in kindergarten through second grade. ( )
  alprince | Oct 18, 2009 |
This book is about different animals and how they survive by eating. This book teaches children about eating makes them healthy and then we go and search for more food. This book has whales, crocodiles, pandas, sharks, and raccoons in it. It talks about the different animals that they eat throughout the song. It also has a cd that you can play with the books. ( )
  Katie20 | Oct 3, 2009 |

Clap your hands and tap your feet to renowned wildlife artist Jim Arnosky's adorable and catchy new song/picture book that celebrates animals engaged in everyone's favorite daily activity -- eating!

If you were a wild raccoon,
You'd hunt at night by the light of the moon.
You'd catch some crawdads where they crawl,
And gobble them up -- shells and all!

From a hungry crocodile's attempt at a meal of wild ducklings, to a shark cruising for schools of fish, to a whale wrestling a wild giant squid; to a panda eating rare bamboo...... While some animals become food -- and some get away, readers will delight in seeing what and how different animals eat.

That's the way we all survive
We have to eat to stay alive.
We eat the food we have, and then --
We have to hunt for food again!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:15 -0400)

Rhyming text invites the reader to imagine being a hungry raccoon, crocodile, shark, whale, or panda bear while learning what each creature enjoys eating.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,018,079 books! | Top bar: Always visible