Montmorency and the Assassins by Eleanor…

Montmorency and the Assassins

by Eleanor Updale

It was really sad when people died in there, like Maggie and George. But overall, this book was really enjoyable. ( )
  Zhen.Li | Apr 23, 2013 |
The first book was excellent; the follow ups interesting, but not as good as the first one. I think the problem is that we have gotten to know Montmorency a bit too well. When he was more conflicted in terms of whether he wanted to be Scarper or Montmorency, he was interesting. Now he seems less so, though I am enjoying getting to know George Fox-Selwyn's family. The book does have a number of shocking revelations for those who have followed the series. I was thoroughly surprised by them (I keep thinking that a YA novel would be "softer" in its treatment of crime, sex, death, etc.--more fool me). Anyway, my naivete regarding the YA novel in general has allowed me to be surprised by this series, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. ( )
  Denise701 | Jun 24, 2012 |
The American parts were interesting - mildly - the spy bits were largely stupid (_how_ long have they been doing this?), the characters and relationships were rather sketchy. Again, a bad place to stop - setting up for a sequel a little too obviously. Each book gets more bloody, more depressing, and less interesting - I may or may not look at the next one if I come across it, I won't seek it out. ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Jun 26, 2008 |
Characters worn thin.

This franchise is done, I think.

Won’t look for the fourth. ( )
  librarianlk | Oct 30, 2007 |
Boy this was a good read. This is the third book in the series and I've read all of them. Quite a story taking place in both London and in America. Thomas Edison even makes an appearance. The book is set in the Victorian period. Anyway, this is a young adult novel, but anyone who likes mysteries will enjoy this tale. ( )
  paclreference | Oct 17, 2007 |

Montmorency, the man who leads a double life as both a criminal and a gentleman, is back for his most thrilling adventure yet in the next installment of this spellbinding series.

As the nineteenth century draws to a close, war is in the air, and influenza is sweeping the globe. After twenty years as a gentleman, Montmorency is glad to be free of Scarper, his wretched alter ego. However, when Montmorency's young friend Frank finds himself caught in the middle of a murderous political plot, Montmorency may have no choice but to call upon none other than Scarper for help.
Follow Montmorency, Fox-Selwyn, Dr. Farcett, and a whole new generation of characters on their travels from London to Scotland, Italy, and America.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:08 -0400)

After twenty years as a gentleman, Montmorency is glad to be free of Scarper, his wretched alter-ego, but when a young friend is caught in the middle of a murderous political plot, Montmorency may have no choice but to call upon Scarper for help.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,483,379 books! | Top bar: Always visible