Beware of the Frog by William Bee

Beware of the Frog

by William Bee

English (13)  Slovenian (1)  All (14)
I noticed that it was a very comedic story and had detailed pictures that caught my attention. I'm not sure if the ending would be scary for younger children. I would recommend the book for ages 5 and up personally.
  knoelle27 | Aug 12, 2016 |
Beware of the Frog is a book about an old lady Mrs. Collywobbles. She lives on the edge of the forest and it's scary and dark. She has a pet frog that protects her. The frog protected her from Greedy Goblin, smelly trolls, and giant hungry ogres.
  chloethom1818 | May 1, 2016 |
I think that this story started off really well. This sweet little old lady owned a pet frog who protected her from bad things. The frog ate three creatures that meant to harm her. To repay the frog she gave him a kiss. Then she turned into a frog herself. That's when the story changed for me. She wasn't pleased with becoming a frog so she ended up eating her pet frog! That shouldn't be the thanks he gets for saving her life! It would be a fun read for your classroom library but I wouldn't focus on it much as a group. ( )
  bmmoore | May 12, 2014 |
Wonderful and surprising read aloud for grades 2-5. Slightly scary but funny characters and great illustrations. ( )
  Natmeister | Jan 3, 2012 |
Summary- This book is about is an old woman who lives alone at the edge of a dark, scary wood is protected by her pet frog.

Comment- Would uses this book for Grade 1-4: I would ask the children if they have a pet and do their pet protects? And How?
  MsTanikaChapman | Dec 5, 2011 |
This is the story of a sweet little old lady named Mrs. Collywobbles.

With deliciously ugly villains and a gasp-inducing ending, this quirky tale of the unexpected will have readers croaking with laughter.

Sweet old Mrs. Collywobbles lives on the edge of a big, dark, scary wood, so it’s a good thing that she has a pet frog to protect her. Too bad for the Greedy Goblin, the Smelly Troll, and the Giant Hungry Ogre, who don’t take this little amphibian seriously (GOBBLE)!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:26 -0400)

Sweet old Mrs. Collywobbles lives on the edge of a big, dark, scary wood, but has a pet frog to protect her from greedy goblins, smelly trolls, and hungry ogres.

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,542,025 books! | Top bar: Always visible