Daniel X: Alien Hunter: A Graphic Novel by…

Daniel X: Alien Hunter: A Graphic Novel (2008)

by James Patterson

Other authors: Leopoldo Gout

Series: Daniel X (5)

Substance: I should have read this before "Demons and Druids" but the backstory was covered sufficiently in the latter that I didn't miss it. Typical fare for teens.
Style: the story (such as is is) is much better suited to the graphix style, in which inconsistencies, incongruities, and inanities are less annoying. ( )
  librisissimo | May 26, 2015 |
Daniel X was born with the ability to create anything. But when his parents were killed by an alien assassin known as the Prayer. He has to complete his father mysterious quest to hunt down alien outlaws. He is all alone and has no one to take care of him. The Prayer is hot on his trail and is close to stopping him. The faith of earth lies on Daniel’s shoulders. Will he save the universe from mass destruction read the book and find outI like this book because it’s an adventure beyond this world. The best part was when the battle between Daniel and Seth. The worst part was when Daniel was shot by number 6. The most exciting part was when Daniel saw the planet he came from. I like how descriptive this book is. I also like the idea of the list of outlaws. If you like book with aliens in it than this is the book for you.. ( )
  Stephen.Cooper | May 23, 2012 |
I’ve been wanting to read the Daniel X books for some time now but haven’t been able to fit the novels into my current reading schedule. Enter Daniel X the graphic novel and it’s perfect. I get to sample the books in a quick way to determine if I really want to read them.
Sadly, the answer is yes, I really want to read them. Daniel X was fast paced and so full of those various parts that makes a story great. Now I need to find time for the novels.
Daniel is a young man on his own. His parents died when he was young, leaving him to learn and follow his destiny alone. Well, sort of alone. Daniel can create things from his imagination – that’s because Daniel is the son of a legendary Alien Hunter sent to Earth to capture alien fugitives. Daniel has recreated his family and given himself friends but they are only around for periods of time.
The story weaves current day with Daniel’s past but still manages to leave just enough questions to make the reader want more. This is a sad tale and a hopeful one. Daniel is after Number 7 but he lacks information about that particular alien except that he likes to import other weaker aliens to Earth so that they can be hunted. Number 7’s only weakness comes in the form of his teenage son, Kildare.
Kildare and Daniel become friends. The story shifts from the hunt to learning independence. Kildare and Daniel have so much in common. Number 7 has no love for his son but that won’t save any of them when the battle lines are drawn.
Pick this one up. I love James Patterson to begin with. Daniel X promises to remain a great tale. ( )
  SDPogue | Feb 20, 2012 |
This was the first graphic novel I read. I don't buy these kind of "books" because I didn't think they're worth it, but I bought this one because it was on sale, and because it's by James Patterson. The story was made for teens, probably wanted to ride the Harry Potter bandwagon. It was an ok book, not the best but not the worst either.
  jaypee | Aug 3, 2011 |
Daniel X, Alien Hunter is a graphic novel by James Patterson. It tells the story of Daniel X, a young orphan who narrowly escaped the murder of his family by transforming himself into a tick. Daniel X is able to create whatever is needed by using his imagination. He uses his power to hunt down his family's murderer as well as other aliens that are on a “list” that his father was compiling. In this book, Daniel finally finds a friend that he didn't create and finds out that his new best friend's father is on his “list.” Daniel seems to have met his match, but not is as it seems.
I liked this novel, it helped me see the dialogue in ways that I haven't imagined because of it's graphic novel format. I found it engrossing and entertaining. I like the character of Daniel X as well as all of the other James Patterson characters. The pictures are visually striking and they keep your attention.
I would use this book for struggling readers who might not like the idea of reading. The graphic novel is a fabulous tool to use to engage a student in reading without realizing that they've begun reading. It helps to teach narrative style and dialogue. I think that this book could be used in a classroom to inspire artwork as well as literary endeavors. Perhaps the artists in the class could draw a story that the class develops. A discussion could be had about whether the words follow the illustrations or the illustrations follow the words.
  jpmccasland | Apr 15, 2011 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gout, Leopoldosecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

With an exciting new Patterson narrative in a graphic novel format, Daniel X continues his quest in a full-color, action-packed adventure!

Long ago, after his parents' brutal murder, Daniel inherited the coveted List of Alien Outlaws and assumed his father's role as Alien Hunter. With his supreme abilities, like being able to shape-shift and conjure up long-dead family members out of thin air, Daniel is ready to take on the scum of the universe.

Number 7 on the list--grand-master of an interplanetary game of destruction that could result in the eventual take-over of earth--is his next target. In a journey that takes him through the bowels of Tokyo and into other realms, Daniel ingeniously tracks the insectile mastermind. But when #7 reveals his true and terrifying powers, Daniel must enlist the help of #7's own son before he finds himself at the center of the most high-stakes game yet.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:58 -0400)

Daniel, an alien hunter, zeroes in on #7, the mastermind behind a plot that could result in the eventual takeover of the earth, but Daniel may need the help of Kildare, the alien villain's rebellious son, to bring him to justice.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,142,234 books! | Top bar: Always visible