Orphan's Alliance by Robert Buettner

Orphan's Alliance

by Robert Buettner

Series: The Orphanage Series (book 4)

This book series started off real well with the first book which was pretty much great but then it just nosedived into endless political nonsens. Humanity fighting internal wars, political squabbling and nit-picking about goverment spending when humanity is most surely targeted for extermination. That's just plain nonsens and not fun reading. ( )
  perjonsson | Oct 28, 2017 |
Worth the wait. Buy the series or get the individual books from the library. I wish the Slugs had more of a personality, and that we knew the war from their perspective. Beyond that I enjoy the biography of Jason Wander.
  Cataloger623 | Nov 8, 2014 |
A solid performance for Mr. Buettner. The trials of the reluctant and continually amazing Jason Wander lead him across the galaxy once again. I would like to pause and say he is one of the luckiest SOBs in sci-fi history. But with that said, I'd love to have a soldier like him as my commander. However, I sped through much of the book as I was anxious to get to the end of the series. I'd rank this as the least interesting of the series. ( )
  geordicalrissian | Jun 2, 2009 |

Robert Buettnerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Chu, CalvinCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0316001740, Mass Market Paperback)

Humans have been discovered on the Outworlds. And the Army decides to send emissaries. Emissaries like Jason Wander.

As intraplanetary conflicts rage around him, and the personal stakes get ever higher, Jason finds that playing planet-hopping politician can be harder than commanding armies.

When united mankind squares off to battle the Slugs for a precious interstellar crossroad, Jason will discover that the most dangerous enemy may be the one he least expects.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:10 -0400)

Fifteen years after the defeat of the Slugs on Bren, Jason Wander is assigned to command an invasion force to expel the Slugs from a small moon, but his mission is complicated by interplanetary conflicts, political intrigues, and the totalitarian Tressel, who will do anything to defeat the Slugs, regardless of the human cost.… (more)

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,423,224 books! | Top bar: Always visible