Midnights with the Mystic: A Little Guide to…

Midnights with the Mystic: A Little Guide to Freedom and Bliss

by Cheryl Simone

Midnights With The Mystic
A Little Guide to Freedom and Bliss
by Cheryl Simone and Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev

This 297 page true story and guidebook was a pleasure to review and a wonder to behold. I loved it's style and grace, especially the way the authors could weave the events and the teachings all into one great big etheric experience that has kept me high and pondering for days. What happens when a very special seeker connects with a very gifted Yogi and the path to enlightenment for the both of them is the whole premise of this masterful read.

There was so much attention to detail that it held my interest from beginning to end, I found myself zipping right through it anxious to see what the next question was and how it would be answered. I could feel Cheryl's joy as she grew and her life took on new purpose and vitality. I would recommend this interesting tribute to any spiritual seeker at any level of their journey. Thank you both, so much.

Love & Light,

Riki Frahmann ( )
  biunicorn | Mar 13, 2012 |
Having been lost and searching for a long time myself, it was very easy to relate to Cheryl’s struggle to find inner peace. I too had gone from one teacher to another in hopes of finding what was missing within me.

Cheryl found the path that was right for her. This book was wonderfully written.

Her guru, Sadhguru Vasudev, is a wonderful man who teaches peace, love, and humility. He has a very strong presence throughout the book. And you can feel Cheryl’s devotion to his teachings.

It is important for people to find the path that is best for them. Cheryl is helping to illuminate the path that she is on in order to help those who are struggling.

In conjunction with the Wakela's World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone. ( )
  wakela | Mar 19, 2011 |
Pushing my cart through Costco warehouse I picked a lonely blue book that was lying on top of others. I gave it a quick look - "Oh, bliss? Why not? " - and added it to the pile of food. I was looking for something good to read (as well as to eat). Little did I know that this was a door into a whole new adventure in my life. It was a quick read. One day and I were done! Then I became itchy. I just needed to see Sadhguru. Why? I was not sure. I have never been a conscious seeker, never thought yoga was my cup of tea, and yet, I was always curious about the mystic traditions of various religions. True spiritual teachers are saying the same things, over and over. To that date I have not met anybody who was talking from his or her personal experience, a living human being that happened to be here at the same lifetime and in a relatively close proximity. Fast-forward a year. After two Isha programs and few happy transformations of my life (which has a tendency to spread to those who are around me) I see that picking that book was one of best things that happened to me. I just had to give a hug to Cheryl when I saw her. And she hugged me back.

Not everybody whom I gave the book ended up as yogis. It does not put a spell on you. Some find it not interesting. Some hesitate to commit for a full Isha yoga course and head for the gym instead. And for others it touches something deep inside that is longing to be discovered and spring forward. It was that way for me. Many thoughts and ideas sounded like my own, only left to be pronounced clearly and with humor, at which Sadhguru is best of many if not all (I speak for myself of course). This book was not written to please everybody. It's Cheryl's very personal story that she courageously shared with us. Leave it or take it. You always have a choice to stay where you are. It's just that the doors into other side of experience are not always open. ( )
  ElenaWendelyn | Mar 14, 2010 |

"A personal recounting of the author's five-day retreat with her guru, Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev, and her journey toward self-enlightenment"--Provided by publisher.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,025,296 books! | Top bar: Always visible