Trucks (Mighty Machines) by Jean Coppendale

Trucks (Mighty Machines)

by Jean Coppendale

625191,731 (4)None

"Trucks" is an informational book describing all the different kinds of trucks, and some of their purposes, including pickup trucks, big rigs, dump trucks, flatbed trucks, logging trucks, tanker trucks, and last, but not least, monster trucks.
Ages: 3-5
Source: Pierce College Library
  caseymdaniels | Jun 3, 2015 |
Summary: An informational book about all kinds of truck from pick ups to massive dump trucks to garbage truck and fire trucks.

Personal Reflection: I personally prefer trucks over cars, so I enjoyed this book. I have always drove a truck.

Classroom Extension
1. Use this book in Art class, and have everyone draw their favorite car or truck.

2. Pick an occupation and figure out which vehicles they might use in their daily activities.
  jerryrichardson | Apr 12, 2015 |
Summary: This book was over trucks. Trucks as big as cars even as big as houses in some cases this book covers almost everything a child would need to know about a truck. Where the cab and the bed of the truck are even a trailer if your truck has one of those. It talks about long haul trailers how they carry things or move things from place to place and how they might have to use flat bed trailers in that process as well. It talks about various kinds of trucks like logging trucks, dump trucks, cleaning trucks and all the jobs they do individually.

Reaction: I think this is another book that would be great for boys as most boys are rather interested in trucks at some point in their reading. I also like this book because the author takes the time to go into detail about almost every type of truck imaginable also at the end of the book there was a index that would be useful if the child was looking for something specific.

Extentions:
1. Have the child try and pick a job that might interest them and have them draw the kind of truck they think they might need to do that job.
2. Possibly have a local group of firefighters bring a truck or two to school so the children can see what they look like up close.
3. A unit on transportation what vehicle do the children come to school in and where cars are made in this country.
  VictoriaHernandez | Apr 7, 2014 |
Summary: A whole book about different types of trucks.

Personal Reaction: I think this book explaines how big the trucks and be and tells how they are used.

Classroom Extension: Bring differnt tyes of toy trucks into the classroom. The kids can drawl what their favorite truck is and why. ( )
  DerekHendricks | Apr 17, 2012 |
Summary:
This book was an information book that told you about all kinds of trucks and what some of the trucks do.

Personal Reaction:
i enjoyed the book and I believe that it was very informative and told you about alot of different kind and types of trucks.

Classroom Extension:
1. I would ask the children what kind of trucks do they know of.
2. I would have them pick out there favorite truck and write something about it.
  Learning2luvBooks | Apr 17, 2011 |

A fun book about trucks including dump trucks, snow trucks, and transporter trucks.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,145,279 books! | Top bar: Always visible