Scottish Poems

by John Rice

5None2,356,005NoneNone
In Scottish Poems, John Rice takes us on a whistle-stop tour of the poets of his choice, a mix of the familiar and the unexpected. The vitality and diversity of their voices (English, Scots and Gaelic, from the Borders to Shetland and the Western Islands) reflect that of the land they live in. Folk-rhymes and wise humour rub shoulders with expressions of tenderness, evocations of the joys and fears of childhood, and insights into our darker nature. This anthology should give pleasure, not least as a reminder - to young and old alike - of that terrain where poetry and story-telling merge.… (more)
TR (1)

No reviews

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,370,164 books! | Top bar: Always visible