Cradle and All by James Patterson

Cradle and All (original 2000; edition 2001)

by James Patterson

Member:bethwerkhoven5104
Title:Cradle and All
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Vision (2001), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:***

Cradle and All by James Patterson (2000)

loved this book so much I have read it two time this year. ( )
  weelinda | Nov 5, 2014 |
NIL
  rustyoldboat | May 28, 2011 |
Group N
  gilsbooks | May 17, 2011 |
I loved it! Couldn't put it down till I finished it. ( )
  kaylol | Dec 9, 2010 |
The Review

I’ve loved James Patterson FOREVER. He’s just one of those authors whose books I sink into and soar through. Perfect for poolside or avoiding the kids, Patterson always delivers up a great story. I was recently reviewing 8th Confession at a soccer game and a soccer dad mentioned that he and his wife read the entire Woman’s Murder Club series. As we chatted, I mentioned that I really liked The Lake House and Suzanne’s Diary for Nicholas. There are several of his classics that I actually haven’t read and will keep my eye out for at a used book sale. Speaking of used book sales… I picked up 3 of his books (hardcover) for $3 each.. SCORE! But, I should read Along Came a Spider and Kiss The Girls and I don’t have those yet. I’m also wondering if the Maximum Ride series is good… if you’ve read them let me know in a comment below.

So, soccer dad actually brought me the book to read last weekend. Cool! After reading a very long and detailed book, I was looking forward to a little PATTERSON ESCAPE! And, that’s exactly what I got. This is a great story of two virgin births, one girl giving birth to our savior and the other the child of Satan himself (scary). Patterson keeps you guessing until the bitter end as to which girl will bring the world God’s son.

Knowing that I can’t giveaway too many of the details of a mystery in a review, I am just putting this question out there to James Patterson fans who have read more of his works than I… is there a sequel to this book? Patterson leaves that possibility at the end and I’m dying to read on if there is one!

This book was a #1 Bestseller and I can see why!

On Sher’s “Out of Ten Scale:”

Like Nicholas Sparks and Lisa See, I just love anything that James Patterson writes. I doubt that I’ll ever find one of his books that I don’t like. I’m just a fan, plain and simple. For the genre Fiction:Mystery, I am going to rate this book an 8 OUT OF 10. ( )
  ANovelMenagerie | Jun 24, 2009 |
For Charles & Isabelle Patterson
Special thanks to Maxine Paetro who helped me remodel and to restore this scary old beach cottage of a story
Sundown had bloodied the horizon over the uneven rooftops of South Boston.
Originally published as "Virgin"

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446609404, Mass Market Paperback)

James Patterson's Cradle and All pits the intensity of faith against the certainties of science within an arena of Millennial tensions. A reworking of his 1980 apocalyptic thriller Virgin, this remodeled version boasts a genuinely unnerving premise, amplified with Patterson's fast-paced, uncluttered prose.

In the midst of a series of unexplained plagues and famines, two teenage girls are heavily pregnant, despite being virgins. According to the sacred prophecies of Fatima, one will bear the child of Christ and the other, the spawn of Satan. Both Anne Fitzgerald, a former nun turned private detective, and the Vatican's Father Rosetti are sent to investigate. But which girl carries which child? The possibility of a miracle will be tainted with great suffering before the awful, unexpected truth is revealed. As the action moves speedily from the hallowed halls of the Vatican to the media frenzy of America to the small-town hysteria of Ireland, Patterson divines considerable suspense from the novel's central premise, tackling issues of faith with admirable aplomb:

"All over the world, after all the years of difficulty, decades of diminishing spirituality, so many people still believed.... Everywhere, people talked of the Apocalypse, perhaps the end of the world. Which explained why so many people were suddenly going to church."

A relentless pace culminating in a superbly twisted ending won't disappoint Patterson's faithful followers, and may even convert some new members. --Danny Graydon

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:47:57 -0400)

With two remarkable "immaculate conceptions" reported--one in Ireland and the other in Rhode Island--the Archdiocese of Boston is charged with watching over the two girls until they give birth.

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,008,616 books! | Top bar: Always visible