How to Study the Bible by Robert West

How to Study the Bible

by Robert West

Our pastor just completed a course based on this book. I found both the course & book very helpful. Often I wonder, "am I studying the right way." This book helped clear that up by explaining the different methods available. Highly recommend. ( )
  davepdavis | Jan 23, 2014 |
I am planning to teach a course in prison ministry on basic Christian Discipleship, Bible Interpretation being one of the modules has me researching various books.

Robert West's How to Study the Bible is not a high level approach and gives some primary practices that are worth noting. It is very easy to read.

For a more in depth book on this subject Robert Stein's 'A Basic Guide to Interpreting the Bible' was recommended to me. I certain there are other books that are more advanced but my objective is basic interpretation for a beginners level.

I've not yet read Stein's book but have a Kindle version and have it in my reading schedule for a February start.
  ScottKalas | Jun 10, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159789706X, Mass Market Paperback)

This brand-new guide provides a brief, concise overview of personal Bible study for the layperson. Long-time Bible teacher Robert West gives insight into the types, tools, and techniques of personal study, offering both practical guidance and encouragement to pursue the command of 2 Timothy 2:15 ("Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth"). Covering topics such as the inductive method, word studies, commentaries, dictionaries, and concordances, How to Study the Bible also emphasizes the personal benefits of private Bible time.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:52 -0400)

This brand-new guide provides a brief, concise overview of personal Bible study for the layperson. Long-time Bible teacher Robert West gives insight into the types, tools, and techniques of personal study, offering both practical guidance and encouragement to pursue the command of 2 Timothy 2:15 (Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth). Covering topics such as the inductive method, word studies, commentaries, dictionaries, and concordances, How to Study the Bible also emphasizes the personal benefits of private Bible time.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,927,134 books! | Top bar: Always visible